Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Misfires On all Cylinders - Help

OK - Yes there is/are vacuum leaks. I unplugged both pre02 plugs from the harness - rough idle still there, misfires. Also meant to comment that after initial starting and backing out of garage, the brakes were not there - kind of scary. After driving a bit the pedal came back. This is also an indication of a vacuum leak. Started spraying starter fluid, got it down along the intake manifold to the heads, and definitely leaking. So it looks like i need to pull the intake, also reading that maybe suction jet pump is bad as well as any dry rooted hoses. So I hear its about a 8 hr job, saw some posts where engine has to go into service position - is this true? BTW no lean codes showed up this time after disconnecting the 02's.

Quote Originally Posted by cruzanrs6 View Post
    BTW no lean codes showed up this time after disconnecting the 02's.
    But of course! It no longer knows it's lean!

A poor running engine won't always have enough vacuum for the brakes. The electric brake vacuum pump may not be working.

The batwing/moustache intake and throttle body are bolted together. May be a tricky workaround with the lock carrier in place. Would be wise to replace anything questionable while taken apart.