Thread: Power wire/source in the engine bay...

Power wire/source in the engine bay...

Hi everyone,

quick question, is there a spot within the engine bay or rain tray where there is a good power source to add an auxiliary power need? It has to be a constant power wire and safe enough to tap into without any issues.

With the battery being in the trunk, i wonder if anyone ever did that or is the best solution is just to run a nice solid power wire from the battery all the way to the front?

Thank you for your time!

The power main block is under your coolant tank in the front by the windshield. 12v fat leads. That may be what you're looking for. That is from the battery leading all the way up to front and then feeds into the fuse box.

Quote Originally Posted by rah View Post
    Hi everyone,

quick question, is there a spot within the engine bay or rain tray where there is a good power source to add an auxiliary power need? It has to be a constant power wire and safe enough to tap into without any issues.

With the battery being in the trunk, i wonder if anyone ever did that or is the best solution is just to run a nice solid power wire from the battery all the way to the front?

Thank you for your time!

Quote Originally Posted by Kgnast View Post
    The power main block is under your coolant tank in the front by the windshield. 12v fat leads. That may be what you're looking for. That is from the battery leading all the way up to front and then feeds into the fuse box.
    Thank you so much, i will look at that as soon as i get my car back on Monday.