Thread: 2013 S6, no-tune, turbos are blown, as per the dealership

2013 S6, no-tune, turbos are blown, as per the dealership

Hey guys,

Anyone have experience with the amount of time it takes to swap out the blown turbos with new or replacement units? What are the turbos part numbers?

By any chance? Does anyone who upgrade still have their stock OEM units?

I'm trying to help out a friend who's 2013 S6, 71k miles, has torched it's snails. He got a $12k quote from Audi Manhattan, and a $10k quote from a NJ dealership.

Quote Originally Posted by Kgnast View Post
    Hey guys,

Anyone have experience with the amount of time it takes to swap out the blown turbos with new or replacement units? What are the turbos part numbers?

I'm trying to help out a friend who's 2013 S6, 71k miles, has torched it's snails. He got a $12k quote from Audi Manhattan, and a $10k quote from a NJ dealership.
    Go to an independent shop and get the turbos rebuilt. The dealer is going to give you the two-finger-bingbong!

Also read this https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...-turbo-failure

maybe Audi will cover it if you bitch enough. See if the recall was done on it. Looks like a lot of failures are after the dealer does the recall. But if it’s on your dime I’d go somewhere else

If he is the original owner, Audi of America will pay/assist up to 70% of the total cost if they can determine that the car was never flagged for a TD1 ( tune ) . He needs to both call Customer Service and email Customer Experience.

The original batch of 4.0T turbos have issues. There's been a TSB on them. Same manufacturer that supplies them for the Nissan GTR actually. He will want the new ones as they are completely reworked with better oiling.

Hey guys,

2016 Porsche GT4- 918 buckets- Track Toy
    2014 Porche Cayenne S- Sport Chrono-Sport exhaust- 2015 E63 S AMG- Ténorise Gray-Black Nappa-

Yes, he's the original owner, and no, it's never had a tune to be flagged for a TD1.

Quote Originally Posted by RS2racer View Post
    If he is the original owner, Audi of America will pay/assist up to 70% of the total cost if they can determine that the car was never flagged for a TD1 ( tune ) . He needs to both call Customer Service and email Customer Experience.

The original batch of 4.0T turbos have issues. There's been a TSB on them. Same manufacturer that supplies them for the Nissan GTR actually. He will want the new ones as they are completely reworked with better oiling.

Then have him fight for the assistance... he'll get it for sure.
    I know of 3 owners that did this past Spring. Its a known fairly
    widespread issue.
    2016 Porsche GT4- 918 buckets- Track Toy
    2014 Porche Cayenne S- Sport Chrono-Sport exhaust- 2015 E63 S AMG- Ténorise Gray-Black Nappa-

12k for turbos

give me a break. You can buy a RS6 for 12k

50-70k is all you get out of S6 turbos? Buddy had his cam tensioner go as well. $$&&$$

ya think I'm selling any of my RS6s? I regret selling any of my past RS6s as well

Quote Originally Posted by RS2racer View Post
    Its a known fairly widespread issue.

Which models/years are affected?

Sell as is

Pretty sure you can have turbos off in 2-4 hours....Can't imagine it's more than a couple grand to rebuild (someone like Blouch)
    2013 Audi S8

I just wanted to follow up with everyone here.....

Dealership/AoA covered turbos, gaskets, miscellaneous and he ended up paying $2,900 + tax for the labor.

Hey guys,

Sounds like a lucky break...good for him...
    2013 Audi S8