Thread: RS6 interior lights issue - please help - i've just about had it

RS6 interior lights issue - please help - i've just about had it

03 rs6 interior lights issues and more - please help !

For some reason something in the cluster or something keeps shorting out fuse number 15 it causes the voltmeter not to work the battery The battery icon in display word fuse over odometer, back lights , all interior switchgear do not work in involves dimmer switch. At first I noticed that the interior back lights were not working they were very dim and I wiggled the dimmer knob next to the headlight switch the lights on the switches for the AC unit , window switches heated seat nubs etc. would come on normally very briefly I thought it was a problem with the dimmer switch since I've proven that's fine after a while the tail lights would not show it all the radio button still laid up but did not dim with the knob but the dashboard does work then I got a new error message with the yellow icon it blows fuse 15 --- i'm stuck does anyone here I think it's the body control module I don't think our cars have an light control module , maybe a comfort control module ???? anybody have any info - please Thank you ahead of time. Oh yeah I also swapped out the cluster but I couldn't code it to the car since I didn't have the tools I was able to swap back to the old cluster and get the car running again when I plugged the new cluster in the voltmeter at work but the light still did not light up that's all I have to add. Thanks again for all the advice ahead. I am leaning towards the body control module or the comfort control module what do you people think

CCM might have gotten wet at one time. Lots of flood or drain issue Audi's end up with gremlins like you're experiencing. Might be worth lifting the carpet to check for corrosion on the grounds and CCM.

When I worked for Audi , we had a client with an R8 Spyder that had the top left open during a full monsoon rain. It took a lot of electrical work to right that car.
    2016 Porsche GT4- 918 buckets- Track Toy
    2014 Porche Cayenne S- Sport Chrono-Sport exhaust- 2015 E63 S AMG- Ténorise Gray-Black Nappa-

I finally got around to uploading some old pictures so now I'm able to post a link:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...oblem-1726146/

I dealt with the CLU (central locking unit) under the driver's feet a long time ago and made this post on how I fixed it.

Prolonged exposure to moisture causes crimped junction points in the body harness to corrode and separate.

Check yours and good luck.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

He and Mike (Aronis) ought to get together