This is technically an S8 forum too no? Even though I, like seemingly most here, are here for our beloved and infamous, loved and sometimes hated RS6s. Friend is selling his 2013 S8, its really nice, Daytona gray with what he says is "silver" interior, diamond stitched all Gucci looking - I typically prefer dark interiors but light makes look roomier, carbon trim - I think all S8s had that. He daily drove it except salty weather, it has 45k mi.s. It has a $10k set of tasteful and Audi-ish looking 22" 3 pce. ADV1 wheels on it and has stock set. It has a miltek cat back, I think all else stock. 1 yr. of warranty left and all dealer serviced with records. Its super clean inside and out except one headlamp has bad 1" gouge in it I know could not be sanded/polished out. Interior looks new, bolsters and all. Has the $6k option B&O stereo but not moveable rear seat option. I can get it for a very fair wholesale-ish / dealer trade in type price, and I do know how to accurately verify that range.

I know a fair amount about and keep up with a lot of cars / car releases etc., but I know far from all about all cars, and I was surprised to learn it is not a double clutch trans. Its 8 speed. I'm not totally averse to viscous autos and have some auto AMGs I love, but I am kinda RS6 tranny gun-shy. S8 is ZF box too, and I've had many ZF gearbox cars but mostly Porsches and all sticks or double clutches. Granted I know ZF is one of, if not the, largest OEM gearbox makers on the planet and surely all their viscous autos aren't a whimper away from implosion. Anyone know much about these cars, trans, any other known issues, things to look out for? Will it take a tune without fear of death? Its fast as is, real fast, and smooth. I'm already playing my usual internal head games about it.... i.e. could get a comparable S63 for about $10k more. But I'm not even sure I'd rather have S63 and I like buying cars I know from people I know (usually) and it just seems rare cool and I think I like it.

Any opinions, knowledge, commentary is much appreciated..... positive or negative..... constructive or flippant.... I don't care.