Thread: 6speed swap options !

6speed swap options !

OK so I have a fully rebuilt automatic tranny with a brand new torque converter and I'm already thinking about doing a six speed swap I understand there's a whole kit that comes that helps and has everything included with it with the flywheel etc. etc. now what exactly does this entail and is it strictly an 01E transmission? And what are your thoughts because I have a perfectly good auto trans and a perfectly brand new Tq converter and what did the o1e come out of a diesel or S4 because people are saying different things and now I'm confused Also I'm looking to mark the vehicle extensively currently it has an MTM TCU and ECU tune The entire suspension has been redone with KW coil overs I have Vossen 19's on him The entire cooling system including radiator has been brand new and re-done but now I'm looking to move forward and start making power but the tranny comes in to mind and I'm going to need to pull the engine so I'm thinking about this whole tranny thing how much can I sell mine for with the torque converter and or whatever and what's the price difference and the win loss gain with selling the auto box and purchasing the manual ? What exactly does it have to be (btw you're talking to a mechanic) I definitely have to get rid of the straight pipes with no cats on my car because for a daily driver it sounds like a big block Chevy with a cam it's a little too much . Any info anything about this tranny swap would be more than appreciated I'm not new to building Audis but I'm new to RS six I bought this vehicle two weeks ago with supposedly low compression in two cylinders because of the head problem but now the deeper I delve into it it could also be a turbo I don't know I think it's a head basically I think the guy had shitty gas and it detonated that's for cracking the head and loss of compression in 2 cylinders ? We'll see ! The car has 150k on body new engine a 128k - with a receipt ,, 2 inch stack of dealer servicing! ( awesome) - up rap 12000 mi ago . But in these days and times I don't believe anything until I see it with my two eyes. So to make a long story short LOL I'm thinking about this 01E tranny swap and I could use all the info where it came from what vehicles have it so on and so forth I would appreciate anything thanks guys

Last edited by bethridg; April 10th, 2018 at 22:19. Reason: added another link
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory

Very hard to read without paragraphs, but I'll try to:

Quote Originally Posted by Ebtahi98 View Post
    is it strictly an 01E transmission?
    Yes.

what did the o1e come out of a diesel or S4?
    01E is a general "type" of a transmission. It can be 5 or 6 speed, FWD only or Quattro. You're only interested in Quattro 6sp ones, with 4.11 final drive (yes, FD were different as well). Makes sense to buy a complete donor vehicle for swap. Or a complete swap kit.

currently it has an MTM TCU and ECU tune
    ECU tune will have to be redone for MT swap. Nothing special about that MTM software at all, though. Could also be a reason for the:

I bought this vehicle two weeks ago with supposedly low compression in two cylinders because of the head problem but now the deeper I delve into it it could also be a turbo
    I don't see how low compression in 2 cyls can be a turbo. It does hint at the cylinder wall damage, though (pretty much a total loss, if that).

You should save yourself massive headache and buy my already swapped car. You could then sell off your car or part out. You will save large amounts of time and money.

Quote Originally Posted by Wide-66 View Post
    You should save yourself massive headache and buy my already swapped car. You could then sell off your car or part out. You will save large amounts of time and money.
    Tru dat...
    2013 Audi S8

Thanks guys , ok let me do a lil research

#nothingtoresearch. PM Wide-66 and be done with it...
    2013 Audi S8

My car is well built with the add ons everybody does to an RS6. It is proven dependable and the price isnt to bad. Im thinking of selling to build something else.

FYI- I know where TTBoosts old Mugello 6spd car is and its for sale. The guy won't budge at $22K, but its almost as sorted as when Mike (TTBoost) owned it.
    2016 Porsche GT4- 918 buckets- Track Toy
    2014 Porche Cayenne S- Sport Chrono-Sport exhaust- 2015 E63 S AMG- Ténorise Gray-Black Nappa-

I have a perfectly good auto trans and a perfectly brand new Tq converter
    The car has 150k on body
    A perfectly good transmission with 150k is a ticking time bomb. I doubt you could get more than core value. I need one, but with all the labor it takes, I wouldn't use it unless it was next to nothing and I could road test it before purchase. BTW, how do you know it's perfectly good if the engine is trashed?