Thread: Tranny issues?

Tranny issues?

I hate asking dumb questions.....but here we go. I have what feels like shaking when I give the RS6 a moderate amount of gas. It does better with almost none, or stomping on it.
    I have 62k and just the Audi "upgrade" from years past.
    Thanks for any input.
    Aaron

Could be worn/failed motor mounts. Maybe something else loosening in the drive train. Control arm bushings like to shake also, usually under breaking though.

I went through something like this a few years back. A few times. If I remember, my trans would shudder under full load, then jump a gear as it finally slipped. So it may be your trans clutching starting to slip a little. Although it should happen on WOT, not medium I would think. Although sometimes the car seems happier and more aggressive with 75% throttle instead of mashing it, might just be my tune though...

Try wide open throttle in 3rd gear, Tip mode, see if it shakes/shudders then jumps a gear. I replaced a trans due to that issue. It would jump gear around 4,500-5k rpm, peak torque, made sense to me.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Got VCDS? Check for TCU codes.
    If what you describe is a failing TC clutch (one of most common failure modes for these transmissions), you'll throw a code for it.

Quote Originally Posted by nubcake View Post
    Got VCDS? Check for TCU codes.
    If what you describe is a failing TC clutch (one of most common failure modes for these transmissions), you'll throw a code for it.
    I think it wasn't enough for the CEL to show, but I believe I had the "input not matching output speed" code on my last trans failure. Basically slipping in the trans affecting the rpm's out.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

So....no transmission codes. I was told to actually drive it after we checked and cleared anything that came up. Then checked it again, with no transmission codes. Seems that poor beast has not had a run over 20 miles one way and had to recall how to run. Now transmission is fine, but it feels like a coil is out. Still, no codes. Replaced the fuel filter as I thought, well I have one and its been a while....no help. Any ideas? It does have Wagner intercoolers so that area has been changed. Maybe near the turbos?
    Thanks in advance.

How old are plugs and fuel?

Data log in turbo mode. Three, 31, 115. In second or third gear to red line

Well.......no codes...very strange. Did replace the fuel filter and did a bit of draining and seems fine. I am replacing the plugs this weekend. Cleaned out the intakes to the MAF's and will look at new coils as well. Anyone found better coils that actually fit on the RS6's? Thanks for all of the guidance.