Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are all the modded C5 RS6 at? 500awhp to 800awhp+?

Quote Originally Posted by Corbett View Post
    They are called tial 880s. Basically tial 770s are a 2871 wheel these are 2873. Not a huge difference. Also larger comp cover. Downpipes are 3” no cats. Straight pipe with a X and 2 resonators. Not that loud actually. Block was rebuilt with ie rods, coated stock pistons. Heads redone with ferrea valves. All custom hardline fuel lines. Completely redone wiring harness and wire tuck. Custom inlets for turbos. Stock exhaust manifolds ceramic coasted. Custom intake setup. Bunch of other stuff. Also custom geared trans now with longer 1/2 and billet input shaft.
    Did you have to modify the stock manifolds to bolt up to these turbos?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    You can hit the 550-600hp rather readily. I well believe a number of members on this forum at this point. This is maxing the OEM turbo's which we have ALL told you. We have also been clear about lack of 'reasonable' space and the fact that it has been well documented that numerous failures from the ZF 5spd Tip occur when you push higher power.

Enter domino affect. In order to hit power levels similar to what they do with the 4.2 Audi in the Gumpert, you need a tranny that won't fail. You also definitely need to do turbo's along with hot and cold side enhancements. In order to do turbos, you need to find space. In order to get space, the easiest is to swap the 5Tip for a 6spd which kills two birds with one stone by giving improved resistance to breakage while gaining important space. It can be many thousands of $ for a swap as you need to include material costs alone for clutch, central and front drive shafts, tranny, custom flywheel/starter/adapter, ECU programming, ABS, linkage, pedals, etc. Then you need to decide on turbo's which can quickly cost $3K for the most basic. Add all your materials for refab and you're in to it for thousands - not including your FREE labour which you fail to assign a value to - even if it's pennies on the dollar.

We will all watch. Remember it's not impossible. It's just really poor bang for buck when you can get really good power that is only marginally less than what you're striving for with just a tune, exhaust, and perhaps intercooler updates.
    Please elaborate as perhaps I misunderstood. Is that 600hp at the wheels or at the crank?

because I'm thinking/talking about 600 at the wheels and if that's doable on stock twins I'm all for it. Don't get me wrong I'm always down to build but if I can push that on stock twins then Id rock it until I build an engine for 800awhp.

About space, theres space. The turbo may not end up where its currently located but theres plenty of space for upgraded twins or big single. (hint, im considering rear mounted if I cant fit it in stock location- I looked tons of room in the back.) So I don't really think that is a restriction anymore.
    Manual swap is going to happen no matter what. And unless im mistaken theres a complete kit for 5k.(which works out great because I prefer manual vs auto)
    and turbo cost is a fraction of that.
    $678 for a par of t3 55mm
    $718 for a pair of t3 61mm
    $319 for a single t4 76mm or 70mm

Yea I'm going to assign labor cost as 1 cent. or 100k. (meaning its irrelevant to me). I think I said this before but building is a hobby of mine, I enjoy the challenge and learning experience of building.
    Or another way to put it, do you watch sports/tv shows? or play sports? or play an instrument? or any sort of hobby? etc? do you convert those hours into $$$?

Quote Originally Posted by RS6Goals View Post
    Please elaborate as perhaps I misunderstood. Is that 600hp at the wheels or at the crank?

because I'm thinking/talking about 600 at the wheels and if that's doable on stock twins I'm all for it. Don't get me wrong I'm always down to build but if I can push that on stock twins then Id rock it until I build an engine for 800awhp.

About space, theres space. The turbo may not end up where its currently located but theres plenty of space for upgraded twins or big single. (hint, im considering rear mounted if I cant fit it in stock location- I looked tons of room in the back.) So I don't really think that is a restriction anymore.
    Manual swap is going to happen no matter what. And unless im mistaken theres a complete kit for 5k.(which works out great because I prefer manual vs auto)
    and turbo cost is a fraction of that.
    $678 for a par of t3 55mm
    $718 for a pair of t3 61mm
    $319 for a single t4 76mm or 70mm

Yea I'm going to assign labor cost as 1 cent. or 100k. (meaning its irrelevant to me). I think I said this before but building is a hobby of mine, I enjoy the challenge and learning experience of building.
    Or another way to put it, do you watch sports/tv shows? or play sports? or play an instrument? or any sort of hobby? etc? do you convert those hours into $$$?
    Ive got some tubular manifolds with a t3 flange for sale if you want them. Could be a t4 flange really cant remember gotta find the pics.
    2004 Sportec RS600 + 6MT + e85
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

Ive got some tubular manifolds with a t3 flange for sale if you want them. Could be a t4 flange really cant remember gotta find the pics.
    I saw your f/s add. It way more than I want to spend.

Im thinking of either modified stock or maybe extending an A6 manifold(still need to confirm it bolts up first though lol).

Thanks

People drop ridiculous amounts of money in to 50 year old cars too. Its all about what car you like and what you want to spend.
    Yeah...I get it...50-60 year old classic...not a 2003 high maintenance, super rare, over-engineered, one off European sedan. 20yrs ago I paid $11k for a 69 Camaro, as I always wanted to TT an old muscle car. I did it.. I fabricated a pair of T4 turbo's, an intercooler, fuel injection, fuel system, etc...everything...killer package...did everything myself, just like the OP wants to, had $21k in the car, guy gave me $25k. Worth it for a 69 Camaro. RS6? There are exceptions, but MOST people here just do a manual swap and lose THAT money PLUS the depreciation...THAT is my point. I get that the OP doesn't care, it's a "hobby...I get it...It's my hobby too...been doing this crap over 30 years now...I just happen to draw the line at something that, $/fun, just isn't there...not enough results for the time and money. I (and everyone else here) is trying to tell him to keep his expectations low...he might hit his target, but he will spend a boat load money and spend a metric sh*t ton of time.
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    ....will spend a boat load money and spend a metric sh*t ton of time.
    That's Tonne to all you folk in the US 48. lol
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Thanks for the clarification Tim...
    2013 Audi S8

Bigglezworth can you address if you were saying 600hp at crank or at the wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by RS6Goals View Post
    Bigglezworth can you address if you were saying 600hp at crank or at the wheels?
    I can't no. The reason I can't is because I have never had an actual dyno test on my car. My statement is based upon mathematical calculation for covering a certian distance with a set mass (car plus driver). You would need to be pushing 550-600 crank horsepower to push 4400+- down the quarter mile in mid to high 11s. Trap speed a nominal 116-118mph. If I recall correctly, the Sportec car was trapping 120-122 or something like that with similar tims because it couldn`t hook up. With the recent mods that will be tougher to get traction.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Ha

A tune and I'm low 11s on my CL600. Good enough

never going to happen on my RS6s. I accept that fact

i have chump change in the CL600 and it's just got a full PPI with flying colors at Benz. Let the mods begin

Quote Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T View Post
    Where did all of "Black SVT's" threads go? They'd certainly come in handy for "RS6Goals"....
    Sorry, my bad: "Laser SVT", not "Black SVT".

To the OP, read this:

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/32...ight=laser+svt

...and then this:

...and then tell us if any of that sounds familiar.... (I know it does to many of us...)

And don't forget that a C7 S6 + $8K in mods = mid/high 10s at ~130 mph.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Ha

A tune and I'm low 11s on my CL600. Good enough

never going to happen on my RS6s. I accept that fact

i have chump change in the CL600 and it's just got a full PPI with flying colors at Benz. Let the mods begin
    That was kinda the point I made earlier today. The Benz should pull numbers like that. It has 50% more cylinders and 50% more displacement. It should be pushing 800-900hp based upon that fact - but it's not. Doesn't matter though. Still goes like mad - when the roads are dry - which in PHX is often I'm sure. Not here. My friend had an E63 which he gave up driving due to problems with traction and driveability. I image the Bi12 is even worse.

Exactly. Just like Mike is experiencing personally.

Thanks for the clarification Tim...
    hahaha Both the same thing - a shitload!

Yeah...I get it...50-60 year old classic...not a 2003 high maintenance, super rare, over-engineered, one off European sedan. 20yrs ago I paid $11k for a 69 Camaro, as I always wanted to TT an old muscle car. I did it.. I fabricated a pair of T4 turbo's, an intercooler, fuel injection, fuel system, etc...everything...killer package...did everything myself, just like the OP wants to, had $21k in the car, guy gave me $25k. Worth it for a 69 Camaro. RS6? There are exceptions, but MOST people here just do a manual swap and lose THAT money PLUS the depreciation...THAT is my point. I get that the OP doesn't care, it's a "hobby...I get it...It's my hobby too...been doing this crap over 30 years now...I just happen to draw the line at something that, $/fun, just isn't there...not enough results for the time and money. I (and everyone else here) is trying to tell him to keep his expectations low...he might hit his target, but he will spend a boat load money and spend a metric sh*t ton of time.
    I always find this reasoning puzzling. You can drop $5k into a notchback mustang and run 9s. That isn’t the point. Investing money in depreciating assets is never a good idea. Especially cars if you are trying to get your money back.
    2004 Sportec RS600 + 6MT + e85
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

Sorry, my bad: "Laser SVT", not "Black SVT".

To the OP, read this:

...and then this:

...and then tell us if any of that sounds familiar.... (I know it does to many of us...)
    Skimmed it, didnt find anything of interest. Same information I found and what was posted here. Looks like by the same people too.

I can't no. The reason I can't is because I have never had an actual dyno test on my car. My statement is based upon mathematical calculation for covering a certian distance with a set mass (car plus driver). You would need to be pushing 550-600 crank horsepower to push 4400+- down the quarter mile in mid to high 11s. Trap speed a nominal 116-118mph. If I recall correctly, the Sportec car was trapping 120-122 or something like that with similar tims because it couldn`t hook up. With the recent mods that will be tougher to get traction.
    You kinda answered it there. Your talking crank hp. Im after awhp. thats easily 100awhp+ difference.

Im sorry did you say sportec car couldnt hook? how is that possible with less than 600awhp? what was that car on? skinny old tires?

Lets do a price check on that C7 S6? what is it? 25-30k? if all you care is 1/4 then id go with American muscle and be done with it.

I always find this reasoning puzzling. You can drop $5k into a notchback mustang and run 9s. That isn’t the point. Investing money in depreciating assets is never a good idea. Especially cars if you are trying to get your money back.
    I agree with this. I just dont understand why people spend x amount of money on a car and they expect to get that money back when they sell it.
    They call it a money pit for a reason lol