Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are all the modded C5 RS6 at? 500awhp to 800awhp+?

Quote Originally Posted by fbatwork View Post
    Have you looked into the EFR turbos, likely something that fits and has built in waste gates. Nice technology, very good performance...
    I have not but i was not planning on using internally gated turbo since they tend to get in the way.
    Its a bit for pricey as well.

Im thinking along the lines of gt3072 / t3

Cold
    inducer 55mm

Hot
    Inducer- 60mm
    Exducer- 55mm

Should be good for 600awhp and still capable of 800awhp when pushed.

another im looking at is gt35 / 61mm / t3

might be a bit laggy though.

I'll just leave this here...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18809636_699581243577003_1716282082671460352_n.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	120.8 KB 
ID:	18473

It's an S4 avant.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUz2b3NA...n-by=mazhar_70

This is one of the funnier replies ! Lmao!!🤣

Quote Originally Posted by mrdave View Post
    Welcome. The main issues with making huge hp numbers with this car is physical space (as in there isn't any) and heat management. The other is that the production numbers were extremely low so you're not going to find a ton of aftermarket support. 550whp is doable, but much more than that becomes cost prohibitive.

The main hp upgrades you'll find are: manual 6sp 01E swap, ECU tunes, (Wagner) intercoolers, and w/m to help manage heat. Both the intake and exhaust are quite good in stock form, especially the black "sound enhanced" exhaust. To get to 550whp you're probably also looking at upgraded turbos, a fuel pump, injectors, and a custom tune.

This guy apparently now owns the infamous Sportec "RS600" and is having AMD work it over. Looks like he's got a dyno run claiming 650whp: https://www.instagram.com/p/BbR5vntg...n-by=timhaugan

Hi. Thats my car. Its making near 700whp on a heartbreaker mustang dyno on 92+meth. Switching to e85 any day now. High compression engine should love it. Will update when I have something. Car is on stock exhaust manifolds fyi.
    2004 Sportec RS600 + 6MT + e85
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by Corbett View Post
    Hi. Thats my car. Its making near 700whp on a heartbreaker mustang dyno on 92+meth. Switching to e85 any day now. High compression engine should love it. Will update when I have something. Car is on stock exhaust manifolds fyi.
    Glad it's up and running. You're on the Tial 880's or something like that correct? And fully open exhaust or high flow cats? C'mon you got to give us all the details! AMD tune, and it's manual correct? Handful of things bringing your whp up...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Glad it's up and running. You're on the Tial 880's or something like that correct? And fully open exhaust or high flow cats? C'mon you got to give us all the details! AMD tune, and it's manual correct? Handful of things bringing your whp up...
    They are called tial 880s. Basically tial 770s are a 2871 wheel these are 2873. Not a huge difference. Also larger comp cover. Downpipes are 3” no cats. Straight pipe with a X and 2 resonators. Not that loud actually. Block was rebuilt with ie rods, coated stock pistons. Heads redone with ferrea valves. All custom hardline fuel lines. Completely redone wiring harness and wire tuck. Custom inlets for turbos. Stock exhaust manifolds ceramic coasted. Custom intake setup. Bunch of other stuff. Also custom geared trans now with longer 1/2 and billet input shaft.
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

They are called tial 880s. Basically tial 770s are a 2871 wheel these are 2873. Not a huge difference. Also larger comp cover. Downpipes are 3” no cats. Straight pipe with a and 2 resonators. Not that loud actually. Block was rebuilt with ie rods, coated stock pistons. Heads redone with ferrea valves. All custom hardline fuel lines. Completely redone wiring harness and wire tuck. Custom inlets for turbos. Stock exhaust manifolds ceramic coasted. Custom intake setup. Bunch of other stuff. Also custom geared trans now with longer 1/2 and billet input shaft.
    Thanks for posting.
    If you dont mind can you provide more details?
    Do you happen to have the spec of the tials spec? more specifically exhaust wheel size? I cant seem to find this on google.
    what intercooler are you using?
    how much boost are you pushing?
    are you using the stock Y (before the intake manifold)? or did you make a custom piece?

Well this looks like its already contradicting some people on here regarding the limit of the stock exhaust manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by RS6Goals View Post
    Thanks for posting.
    If you dont mind can you provide more details?
    Do you happen to have the spec of the tials spec? more specifically exhaust wheel size? I cant seem to find this on google.
    what intercooler are you using?
    how much boost are you pushing?
    are you using the stock Y (before the intake manifold)? or did you make a custom piece?

Well this looks like its already contradicting some people on here regarding the limit of the stock exhaust manifold.
    There is lots of info on tial 770s which are basically the same thing.

im still using the sportec intercoolers unless we determine they are hurting flow or have too much pressure drop.

right now it’s on wastegate boost 20psi or so. Not sure what we will run in the end. Depends what the car likes.

stock bipipe from intercoolers to throttle body.

and yes the same guys saying the exhaust manifolds are a restriction are the same guys who said this car wasn’t fast before it went in for upgrade, even though it still the highest trapping 1/4 mile Rs6 in the USA 5 years later.
    Last edited by Corbett; April 8th, 2018 at 00:17.
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

im still using the sportec intercoolers unless we determine they are hurting flow or have too much pressure drop.

right now it’s on wastegate boost 20psi or so. Not sure what we will run in the end. Depends what the car likes.

and yes the same guys saying the exhaust manifolds are a restriction are the same guys who said this car wasn’t fast before it went in for upgrade, even though it still the highest trapping 1/4 mile Rs6 in the USA 5 years later.
    Awesome, appreciate the details, sounds great!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Yea im still having difficulty locating tial 770 spec. The only ones I found are questionable sources and it states:
    Cold:
    47mm
    hot:
    53.9mm
    Is this correct?

sportec IC looks tiny, 270 x 270 x 64mm. Have you log your AIT? before meth and during meth inj?

what size nozzle are you spraying? and how many?
    Is it progressive or consistent?
    Also where is the placement?

I think with water/meth you can get away with a smaller intercooler(I've seen some run without IC). on my previous car my AIT would literally drop from 110 to 70 when it kicks on.

Have fun with E85, I was pushing 35psi on a daily and not a single issue

Well with the exception of having to visit the gas station almost twice a week. Awesome gas sucks for daily use.

Thanks for posting. Its great to finally find someone here that has some power mods.

Where did all of "Black SVT's" threads go? They'd certainly come in handy for "RS6Goals"....

Yea im still having difficulty locating tial 770 spec. The only ones I found are questionable sources and it states:
    Cold:
    47mm
    hot:
    53.9mm
    Is this correct?

sportec IC looks tiny, 270 x 270 x 64mm. Have you log your AIT? before meth and during meth inj?

what size nozzle are you spraying? and how many?
    Is it progressive or consistent?
    Also where is the placement?

I think with water/meth you can get away with a smaller intercooler(I've seen some run without IC). on my previous car my AIT would literally drop from 110 to 70 when it kicks on.

Have fun with E85, I was pushing 35psi on a daily and not a single issue

Well with the exception of having to visit the gas station almost twice a week. Awesome gas sucks for daily use.

Thanks for posting. Its great to finally find someone here that has some power mods.
    #methchangeseverything
    2013 Audi S8

Its great to finally find someone here that has some power mods.
    Funny. Corbet is one of the few (count less than a handful) that have gone to the extreme end of revising engine internals, tranny, turbos, etc. As mentioned by a number of people in this thread, it takes $$$. What Corbet isn't sharing is that the extra 100hp he's citing vs. a number of members cars on here comes with some decent coin. If you have the wallet to pay, then you must really really want to play. I can get three times as much additional power out of my Turbo Buick than I can out of my Turbo Audi for the same $ and that says something. Hell you could buy an AMG as a spare that has more power for the amount you will pour in to modifying the Audi.

Will keep watching the forum to see how you and your wallet fair with things.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Funny. Corbet is one of the few (count less than a handful) that have gone to the extreme end of revising engine internals, tranny, turbos, etc. As mentioned by a number of people in this thread, it takes $$$. What Corbet isn't sharing is that the extra 100hp he's citing vs. a number of members cars on here comes with some decent coin. If you have the wallet to pay, then you must really really want to play. I can get three times as much additional power out of my Turbo Buick than I can out of my Turbo Audi for the same $ and that says something. Hell you could buy an AMG as a spare that has more power for the amount you will pour in to modifying the Audi.

Will keep watching the forum to see how you and your wallet fair with things.
    I mean if you're looking at 800awhp I don't see a non built engine handling that much power. Not even LS based engine can handle that in stock form, they too need internals and your looking at what 5-10k+ in "built" engine. (although I think truck engine had a record of 900? before it went boom)

I'm hoping at 600-650 would be fine with stock internals. The rest of the mods should be interesting, money wise. That part I would have no problem sharing, I'm counting out pretty much almost all bolt-on power mods as a no go. Cant say too much just yet but I think I have a few things in the works right now.

Besides if I remember correctly from the start of this thread, the consensus was I would need 15k for parts ALONE, to get 600+.
    20k+ if manual.
    Just need to hit a fraction of that and I'm golden.

Its a good thing tunning isnt a "part" because that's a big ticket item

eh the whole easy power thing is overrated. I think if your strictly track then yes go LS based. You cant beat the hp/$.

But if your dd or mostly street, hope you like all the wheel spin of that turbo buick at 600whp+.
    Not to mention spinning all day unintentionally with just a bit of moisture/rain on the ground because of DR.
    but hey to each their own, I just know I prefer something else now.

No one said it was impossible...we just said it takes copious amounts of time and money...neither of which most people want to spend on a 15 year old car...and let's face it...we're all gearheads here, we ALL bought THIS car to mod it...hell it a TT V8...why not? Me personally, after my manual swap, I realized I still wasn't going to hit my goals (similar to yours, 550-600whp) any time soon...and I wasn't willing to spend that much loot on a dated platform with no tech...hell I didn't even have Bluetooth...(keeping in mind these cars were still $25k-$28k back then) I probably would have spent enough to buy a D4 S8, and wouldn't have had as nice a car...I still say good luck with your project...would love to see it...
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    No one said it was impossible...we just said it takes copious amounts of time and money...neither of which most people want to spend on a 15 year old car...and let's face it...we're all gearheads here, we ALL bought THIS car to mod it...hell it a TT V8...why not? Me personally, after my manual swap, I realized I still wasn't going to hit my goals (similar to yours, 550-600whp) any time soon...and I wasn't willing to spend that much loot on a dated platform with no tech...hell I didn't even have Bluetooth...(keeping in mind these cars were still $25k-$28k back then) I probably would have spent enough to buy a D4 S8, and wouldn't have had as nice a car...I still say good luck with your project...would love to see it...
    would you feel different if you had spend 4k or 10k for one?
    I picked up one that has a likely blown trans for 4k. With a manual swap it will be a 10k car.
    The first one i picked up has 120k miles and great condition/zero issues for 10k.
    They are definitely now in the price range for modding. I wouldn't (and didnt) touch them back when they were 15-20k on average.

I can understand why people feel they are dated. If you want the latest and greatest in tech. Yea I agree you probably won't be satisfied. But theres also the other side of that where people are still dropping 10-15k+ on a much older platform.

And the only thing I'm really in disagreement with is the pricing of mods to get to 600whp+(with a stock engine). The majority(if not all that mentioned price?) in this thread is saying 15k-20k in parts and implying that it is "impossible" to do so with less significantly less. Other than that... they I think the rest is all "personal preferences".

thanks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post

People drop ridiculous amounts of money in to 50 year old cars too. Its all about what car you like and what you want to spend.
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

And the only thing I'm really in disagreement with is the pricing of mods to get to 600whp+(with a stock engine). The majority(if not all that mentioned price?) in this thread is saying 15k-20k in parts and implying that it is "impossible" to do so with less significantly less. Other than that... they I think the rest is all "personal preferences".
    You can hit the 550-600hp rather readily. I well believe a number of members on this forum at this point. This is maxing the OEM turbo's which we have ALL told you. We have also been clear about lack of 'reasonable' space and the fact that it has been well documented that numerous failures from the ZF 5spd Tip occur when you push higher power.

Enter domino affect. In order to hit power levels similar to what they do with the 4.2 Audi in the Gumpert, you need a tranny that won't fail. You also definitely need to do turbo's along with hot and cold side enhancements. In order to do turbos, you need to find space. In order to get space, the easiest is to swap the 5Tip for a 6spd which kills two birds with one stone by giving improved resistance to breakage while gaining important space. It can be many thousands of $ for a swap as you need to include material costs alone for clutch, central and front drive shafts, tranny, custom flywheel/starter/adapter, ECU programming, ABS, linkage, pedals, etc. Then you need to decide on turbo's which can quickly cost $3K for the most basic. Add all your materials for refab and you're in to it for thousands - not including your FREE labour which you fail to assign a value to - even if it's pennies on the dollar.

We will all watch. Remember it's not impossible. It's just really poor bang for buck when you can get really good power that is only marginally less than what you're striving for with just a tune, exhaust, and perhaps intercooler updates.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down