Thread: Old TV and the classic "thing-a-ma-jig....

Smile Old TV and the classic "thing-a-ma-jig....

We've all watched the great old clip from the 60's era with the 'Turboentabulator' and if you haven't seen it yet - search on YouTube and enjoy. I thinking about the crazy things we've seen over the years that is done to convince people intentionally or otherwise that the item was serious and works. Enter some mind numbing useless waste of time as I tuned out to some old TV this afternoon (And not even good TV) as part of winding down a stressful day at the office. I ended up chuckling and just had to share something that brings back memories of being a kid and always wanting to drive fast cars....

This was an episode from the second season where Cale Yarborough was purportedly doing some "shade tree mechanic work" with a "computerized servo operated pop-off design wastegate......"

Bonus points to anyone that can guess the show. lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yarboro.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	18421
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Shade Tree Mechanic?
    2013 Audi S8

Looks like an old Dukes of Hazzard episode!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GreggPDX View Post
    Looks like an old Dukes of Hazzard episode!!!
    Ding ding ding! We have a winner. Like I said, mind numbing.... lol

Hot air with carburetors. I can just imagine the difficulties in tuning this set-up - irrespective of the goofy Hollywood contraption on top. Looks a lot like an era Gale Banks set-up IMO.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Not so hard

just dump enough fuel to feed that beast and run it wot all the time. She be just fine

My old 69 Camaro was a Gale Banks TT car. What a horrible system. Stripped it, sold everything, and fabricated everything from scratch.
    2013 Audi S8