Thread: Ski bag.....rant.....

Ski bag.....rant.....

Hey,

I have had the ski bag in use about 4 times since I got this car (15 years) and each time it's a PITA to get closed again.

Anyone, just out of curiosity, have a "best way" to fold that thing? (Another 1/2 in of space between the two panels would have made it much easier LOL)

It takes less time for me to convert my roof racks from one car to another than it does to get that bag back in its little space. Well, almost I had the racks configured for my M2.....and the setup for the RS6 was in the basement LOL.

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

You're an adult...quit skiing...
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    You're an adult...quit skiing...
    Problem solved!! haha
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Now that is funny....

My oldest wanted to go so I took him to a place 1/2 way between our home and his school. We met there. We had never been there before so did not know what to expect. Plattekill Ski. About 1 hour from the highway.

I was driving down these snow covered back roads, and only way I was sure I was going the right way was the group of cars about 1/2 mile behind me on the same snow covered roads who had roof racks with skies.

He did a lesson while I went to the top. I stayed on the Green trails and did fine, no falls. But their Green beginner trail is not a beginner trail. LOL. There are three hair pin turns which drop off about 50 feet in elevation around the corner. I was having fun with it but not so much for my son.

We are heading to Greek Peak in March (whole family) and they actually have good beginner trails.

Now the other guy I work, with who also went skiing that weekend, made the mistake of
    1. not checking his gear (I did) and
    2. following his son, who can ski well, down a black diamond.

He's a few years younger than me, and he took out his knee! OUCH!

Now for those calling me old......bite me...(LOL)

Mike
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

What happens to weekend warriors ligaments when we age?

Im 55 and plan on sticking to my mtn bike. 6-8hrs a week and heart rates that my age chart says I can't hit.

Leadville 100. Check
    Vail 100. Check check
    Breckenridge 50. Check check check

Dont eat fast food! Hell, just don't eat. You will live longer

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Hell, just don't eat. You will live longer
    LMAO

I did 6 sets of squats this am, last set with 300 pounds x 7.

Mike

Almost 52...never worked out a day in my life (except the Marine Corps...I need to start now)...live on fast food and dragraced bikes for 25 years...not really sure how I am still here...
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    Hey,

I have had the ski bag in use about 4 times since I got this car (15 years) and each time it's a PITA to get closed again.

Anyone, just out of curiosity, have a "best way" to fold that thing? (Another 1/2 in of space between the two panels would have made it much easier LOL)

It takes less time for me to convert my roof racks from one car to another than it does to get that bag back in its little space. Well, almost I had the racks configured for my M2.....and the setup for the RS6 was in the basement LOL.

Mike
    It’s putting toothpaste back in the tube.

Never! Nothing better.

Now, that is funny!

True, but I have done it several times, it's a pain LOL.

Have to have something to keep my mind off of with my screwy electrical problem.

Short somewhere, and now the radio does not turn off when I turn the car off. new symptom. LOL.

Going to tear into the dash wiring in the spring.

Mike