Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for DIY, step by step, timing belt procedure information for rs6

Looking for DIY, step by step, timing belt procedure information for rs6

Hey Folks:

As title suggests, looking for any and all information, links, step by step, etc. for DIY timing belt change on rs6. As well as any specific tools needed, etc.

Best

Jc

The procedure is available for emailing, and a few members here have the special tools(there are three). You can also buy them so you have them next time.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Get ahold of terrytcl. I just rented the tools from him and he's got all the ebahn manual stuff as well.

Well that is some first post. How long have you had the car? On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being a Certified Master Tech and 1 being a weekend warrior that changes oil. Where would you place your skill level?

IMHO it takes a solid 7 to complete the TB on the RS6. Maybe an 8

Also, we have covered it in the past. Search for the threads. I think it was Pat that said, if you need to know how to remove the front carrier on the RS6 then dont even consider opening up the timing cover.

ok id like to have the step by step by mail...

mavada@zeelandnet.nl
    Mugello Blue C5 RS6 Avant Viper Tuning ECU/TCU
    MTM Bimoto wheels 9,5 x 19 ET 30 LK 5x112 with 275/30/19 tyres
    MTM exhaust system cat back 4-pipe with throttle valves in 2 pipes, control

Quote Originally Posted by kilian tuning View Post
    ok id like to have the step by step by mail...

mavada@zeelandnet.nl
    Emails sent.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Thank you very much Joshua!!!
    Mugello Blue C5 RS6 Avant Viper Tuning ECU/TCU
    MTM Bimoto wheels 9,5 x 19 ET 30 LK 5x112 with 275/30/19 tyres
    MTM exhaust system cat back 4-pipe with throttle valves in 2 pipes, control

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Well that is some first post. How long have you had the car? On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being a Certified Master Tech and 1 being a weekend warrior that changes oil. Where would you place your skill level?

IMHO it takes a solid 7 to complete the TB on the RS6. Maybe an 8

Also, we have covered it in the past. Search for the threads. I think it was Pat that said, if you need to know how to remove the front carrier on the RS6 then dont even consider opening up the timing cover.
    Amen, Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by kilian tuning View Post
    Thank you very much Joshua!!!
    No problem. That's what the forum is for.

Had the car for 7yrs. Love it. As for skills, I feel confident that I could do this, as own and work on various other older cars and motorbikes. Just looking for as much info/details on process and specific tools needed to avoid any unforeseen issues and get the car back on the road.

That said, please email me the documentation to jackcarter1971esq@gmail.com

Look forward to being a more active member of this forum, thank you in advance for support.

Best jc

i put the service manual for the job on google docs

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B-M...hZDYx&hl=en_US
    2003 RS6 - forsale

I also just sent you a couple emails.

Can you update your location?

Hey Folks:

Thanks for this info... Really great.

Do you also happen to have this same level of documentation that covers the removal of the front end of the car. So I can get to the engine easier. That would be really handy.

Thoughts

Best jc

jack,

that's also in my google doc link.
    2003 RS6 - forsale

Yep. I downloaded the "pulling lock carrier toward front" to iBooks and emailed it to him. Didn't see the bumper removal PDF. He should be able to figure that out...

i can upload that to my directory, but it's easy

1) remove undertray
    2) remove Torx screws to allow passenger and driver side fender liners to be pushed aside
    3) using a 10mm socket and at least 18" of extension, remove the three nuts holding the bumper (up near headlight area under the fender)
    4) remove the passenger and driver side fog light covers
    5) remove the torx bolts holding the bumper cover to the bumper (torx bolt can be seen looking up from under the fog light opening)
    6) slide bumper out, disconnect all electricals (fog lights and horns) and head light washer line (pinch off the line prior to disconnecting or have a jug to collect the washer fluid rushing out)
    2003 RS6 - forsale

Ya got that, jack?

Thanks folks. Gonna be ordering a kit here pretty soon, vs sourcing parts individually. If anyone has had a good experience with any one supplier, please let me know.
    Best jc