Thread: Let's Talk BRAKES: BBK and more

Let's Talk BRAKES: BBK and more

This might be a better slot to get some dialogue going.Bit of a proud moment to say I have a kit worthy to offer. Perhaps the only known production kit to actually fit and work- that was tested and vetted on a real live RS6.

Complete plug and play bolt on:
    14"/356x28mm 2 pc directionally vaned left and right side rotors (fits 18" OE wheels)
    Optional floating Bobbin style floating race rotors (like RS4)
    Calipers are forged, 4 or 6 piston.
    OEM compatible parking brake (can be deleted for bare bones kit)
    Choice of pads (street, sport, race), comes with Street pads.
    Choice of colors
    Includes S/S braided hoses and all mounting hardware.
    One year warranty

It's been a long summer of driving, testing, fitting, verifying, measuring parts, and long hours spent on the car lift. Beyond that it's really been a 3+year project. My personal car has been the test mule. This season has seen a lot of sporting driving, often going out for many hours at a time. Almost exclusively back country drives. Oregon has a lot of challenging driving terrain and has been ideal for real world testing. Even at speed surprise ABS test, thanks to Mr. Deer. Car stopped so hard the Wife had a sore neck for weeks. I'd guess 1.5G of decel. When hair, arms and legs go nearly straight forward it's working pretty well. Even with a few others I've taken on joy rides, it sorta rag dolls them! The brakes work amazing. Car is far more planted. Tires are holding up better than expected also. A real joy to drive now, a far better match to all the power and weight. At all speeds, even just town driving. Audi should have made the car like this from the factory. VAG left so much on the table. Open test drive offer for fellow RS6 owners for those that can make it.

Beyond that am working on a custom heat/splash shield. Doesn't seem it's really needed but in the name of OEM'ness...I can't get the rear brakes hot enough on the street for it otherwise matter. A hot summer day at the track, driving it like you stole it, maybe an issue if a cool down lap wasn't done? The OE shield can be trimmed in the meantime if needed.

There's also front BBK's in 380 and 405mm. I think the logical direction would be to keep the OE Brembo's matched to bigger rotors. I can probably have the same company make front carrier brackets and matching front brake hoses. Might be my next project. For street driving don't think it'll really be needed. It's just interesting that the rear brakes make the front brakes feel so much more reactive and positive. Did not expect that. And it's nice to NOT have the wheel half torn out of my hands during hard braking on bumpy roads. Wife doesn't like the "skittery" feel but she's a sport otherwise and mostly used to my antics. Surely the front suspension will hold up better if consistently driven hard.

Some noticed I also posted in the FS section. Kits can of course be singly purchased and/or we can work on a group deal. FYI, there's reams more pictures to share, but couldn't upload them last nite. Ones shown are older but it's the same. Had my calipers made blue also.

Twenty Eight pistons of total braking performance anyone? Does any exotic have that many i wonder?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bbk4.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	18320Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bbk3.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	18321Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bbk1.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	18322Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bbk4.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	18320Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bbk3.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	18321Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bbk1.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	18322
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

Wanted to share an update and finally some pricing info.

Here's the sales pitch from the world of FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/EuroPartsPipline/ with a couple of extra points added since there's space here.

Best RS6 upgrade yet? -- Here's a chance to experience proper and balanced braking like you probably never thought possible in a 4 door sedan.
    With all the blowout sales going on, sharing a bit of extra Holiday Cheer.

Complete ready-to-drive kit is lists at $2,500. Special Intro @ $1890. That's $610 off to start on the 4 piston REAR kit.
    It gets even better-
    Option 1: $150 cash off = $1740 cost
    Option 2: $250 parts credit, purchased at $1890 = $1640 net .

++Bonus++, first 6 orders: Get a $300 parts credit = $1590 - OR - $200 cash off = $1690

That's over $900 OFF. This is less than Dealer Cost. Why? To help get the word out. For real product feedback and referrals. To continue the support for the C5 RS6!

This is about more than just better brakes. It's also about avoiding expensive OEM replacement rotors. It's about enjoying our cars more. It's about being safer. It simply makes a great car to be what it should have been from the beginning.
    It's also about knowing what will actually fit and actually work on your RS6. These do both with ease.

INTERESTED? There's an order form showing options/colors to keep everything organized. A modest deposit will lock in these prices.

(++ Only 20 kits available at this price! ++)

More info: There's a one year factory warranty.
    Build time is about 2 weeks
    Service Parts can be purchased separately.
    Shipping from me is at UPS or FedEx wholesale costs. If there's a flood of orders may be able to offer free shipping? Kits weigh about 60+lbs shipped.

The OEM rear brakes could have decent value if sold to further reduce costs.

If you're about due for a set of new OE front rotors will offer them at $399 cash/net price combined with the kit.

Overall, the kit is an easy install and is very dialed in. Only minor exception is the splash shields which need to be removed or modified to fit.
    It's preferred buyers are seasoned mechanics. Or, have a pro shop do the work. Either way would like feedback and driver input.
    After a full summer of driving/testing, getting solid praise from a 3 X RS6 owner who very recently drove these brakes, including a regional SCCA championship winning road racer and ex-Formula Crew Chief, it's time to go live.

PM and/or comment with any questions. Phone/text is the quickest way reach me @ 541.206.1478.

Thanks everyone.

Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com