Thread: Note about posts "about the other best group..."

Post Note about posts "about the other best group..."

Before someone asks where did my post go...?

I have moved a thread or two, one which hopefully served its purpose and one that seemingly had no other intention than to market things on my expense.

I'm a believer in information wants to be free and traffic generates traffic, but sometimes it's difficult to distinguish the intent with some posts.

It's not a big deal for me, but you're sitting in my "sofa" which I pay for and we all built up the past 15 years (!) so I take some liberties when moderating.

Right or wrong, who knows? Feel free to discuss

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

RS6.com

The best C5 resource in the US. There is so much spam on other forums it becomes difficult to just read threads because crap keeps popping up in your face.

Whatever you need Erik just say the word.

I don't care for the interface in FB, and it does not lend itself to an intuitive structure like a good forum. The content is not archived well either, so unfortunately a lot of knowledge and experience is going to be lost on FB. Forums like RS6.com can keep threads for many years and provide a great resource for "tribal knowledge".

One thing I'm seeing is that some vendors and shops seem to be more active on FB than the forums. Maybe it fits their business/promotion model better. In any case, I really hope niche forums like this one stick around. Maybe enough people will get fed up with FB to start a migration back to traditional forums!

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    RS6.com

The best C5 resource in the US. There is so much spam on other forums it becomes difficult to just read threads because crap keeps popping up in your face.

Whatever you need Erik just say the word.
    This!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I dont do FB!

That should not surprise anyone here.

Lol

Im here to contribute to the tribal knowledge of these beasts.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggPDX View Post
    I don't care for the interface in FB, and it does not lend itself to an intuitive structure like a good forum. The content is not archived well either, so unfortunately a lot of knowledge and experience is going to be lost on FB. Forums like RS6.com can keep threads for many years and provide a great resource for "tribal knowledge".

One thing I'm seeing is that some vendors and shops seem to be more active on FB than the forums. Maybe it fits their business/promotion model better. In any case, I really hope niche forums like this one stick around. Maybe enough people will get fed up with FB to start a migration back to traditional forums!

I'm all for you deleting that crap about FB
    We know its there, so if you like it then go there, but don't bring that S#@t here

Whew, had to get that out of my system
    2003 Audi RS6
    Daytona Grey
    APR EMCS

More than fine by me. I don't see a need for any other RS6-specific forum other than this one.

And facebook blows.

This is by far the best forum I've been part of, and I do belong to quite a few....

FB suck ass. The antisocial network. This forum is tops for these cars. Period.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Too funny

we seem to all agree.

As to Audi going down the crapper. I turned back the clocks with my D2 S8 purchase and now I have sold the 13 AMG for...

A little black Cayenne that doesn't have spark plugs. Lol

Totally agree -

I made that thread because this forum was and is STILL throwing browser warnings. You can see how much info i posted here but i guess i will put up with the minor annoyance? i like to just click and read/ add info without any security issues. Fix it please!
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)