Thread: Anyone use Textar brake pads?

Anyone use Textar brake pads?

A mechanic in town is using these on his RS6 but have never heard of these so just wondering if anyone else on here has any experience with these?
    Last edited by GmbH1; September 13th, 2017 at 19:27. Reason: Wrong word

They are an OE supplier. I have them on my car. I would say they're good all-around; not super aggressive, quiet, average amount of brake dust for a semi-metallic pad.
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Do they have the little pins in them that I've read about in the OEM ones that dig grooves into the rotors and start to squeel cause of it?

Haven't gotten them down that low yet; they're still at 8mm or thereabouts.
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Quote Originally Posted by GmbH1 View Post
    Do they have the little pins in them that I've read about in the OEM ones that dig grooves into the rotors and start to squeel cause of it?
    No pins. In any type of pad I've ever seen. Have done thousands of brake jobs.

May pads use "scraper" or "squealer" clips that drag on the rotor before the pad is completely worn out.

The RS6 does not use them (either). There are wear sensors that cause the brake pad warning light to illuminate on the dash cluster.

Grooves are typically caused by debris and low end brake pads, and/or less than ideal installation. The front calipers use a special shim kit that should be replaced. It helps the pads better retract. I have sold many of them over the years.