Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High speed vibration - need help tracking down

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    That's a darn good point. Still sounds a lot like when my control arm bushings were worn, slight wobble, bad under braking, thought it was rotors at first.
    I only chime in because I 'JUST' did both lower control arms on the allroad, and my mounts were spotted leaking last month and the subsequent driving brings me to today with the vibration under load.

I have a slight wobble too due to the HP2 calipers that tend to leave pad material on the rotors causing the shudders...but that is only on braking from highway speeds.

Its something you might want to have looked at, or look at yourself if you can get under there to see the mounts.
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    That's a darn good point. Still sounds a lot like when my control arm bushings were worn, slight wobble, bad under braking, thought it was rotors at first.
    Just curious, which control arms had failing bushings that caused your problem? Uppers? Or did you replace all of them at once?
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

Warped rotors will greatly exacerbate wear and tear on suspension. Loose suspension won't cause a vibration, but will greatly accentuate the condition if the rotors are even slighly warped or there is material/pad transfer.

Can't get to the first page due to the Decepticon page warning that relentlessly pops ups. Admin??

Just realized almost missed an opportunity to plug myself. Might consider my rear BBK. Takes a load off the front end. Car really clamps down. You almost have to over drive going into corners to work them much. Hopefully will make the front binders last a bit longer also. My tires are holding up much better despite driving like a nutter all summer.

I was going through this until car was totalled a few weeks ago. Pretty well the entire drivetrain and suspension had been replaced in the last 5 years, except for main driveshaft. That was the last thing, before strating over with the older already replaced components. Ugh, it was getting expensive. At least mine was from 70-80mph only, which is OK cause I usually cruise at 85-90...
    2003 Avus RS6 01E, nubcake, Hotchkis
    2003 Daytona RS6 01E, nubcake, Hotchkis, rear ended at 50mph, totaled, RIP
    1991 Acura NSX, supercharged, 425rwhp, recently sold