Thread: Intercooler upgrade on my RS6

Intercooler upgrade on my RS6

Hey guys, I have to replace my stock intercoolers cause they're leaking and considering upgrading to aftermarket ones but don't know what way to go or what real benefit of upgrading in regards to performance. I've looked at Apikol, 034 and Wagner. Wagner and 034 seem to be a nice setup but Wagner cost more so don't know if it's worth the extra money. Have any of you used any of these or any others?

Quote Originally Posted by GmbH1 View Post
    Hey guys, I have to replace my stock intercoolers cause they're leaking and considering upgrading to aftermarket ones but don't know what way to go or what real benefit of upgrading in regards to performance. I've looked at Apikol, 034 and Wagner. Wagner and 034 seem to be a nice setup but Wagner cost more so don't know if it's worth the extra money. Have any of you used any of these or any others?
    Most of the guys that I know went with Wagner's... Some with Apikol. They're same price give it or take and very similar in performance. Wagner's doo come with CF shrouds and custom grills for fog light delete and are a bit larger then Apikol, probably a better performer overall.
    I'm not sure which 034 ICs you looked at, but they're not for RS6, they don't have option for V8TT, only V6TT iIRC.
    I think AMD also caries intercoolers for the beast.

SRM is also an option. Like Apikol, they reuse the stock end tanks. Turn around time might be longer than others.

http://sillyrabbitmotorsport.com/eng...6-intercoolers
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory

Yeah I heard that be another option as well. I looked at the one I saw on 034 and it was from Wagner on there website.

Also of note with Wagner they have two different part numbers. One kit includes the secondary radiator brackets (200001010) and the other doesn't (200001011). Depending on whether you've deleted them you could save ~$100. I've been eye balling these for a while now. As mentioned above they include CF shrouds but they also include a set of silicone hoses which is a major plus considering Venair kits are hard to find a supplier for and run $200+ alone.
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory

You should go for a front mount ic like me!

If you have a good local welding shop, considering re-citing them with new cores from Bell. I posted the model numbers on one of my older posts if you want to search.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

I ended up getting a set from Wagner and very happy with them. Seem to be built well and did some data logging which looked like the air temps are staying very cool even after a number of intense runs.