Here's the new kit for my car:

Attachment 18095Attachment 18096Attachment 18097Attachment 18098Attachment 18099

I have been working on a rear C5 RS6 BBK For some time. It has been a challenge over the last few years to find a company that will follow through.

Kit:
356x28mm 2 piece rotors to fit 18" OE wheels.
6 Piston fixed calipers
Custom carrier brackets
Mechanical OE style Parking Brake
Stainless hoses
Sport pads

There are other piston and rotor options, including front kits. I wanted a more OE look with the rotor. At this point it's a functional prototype to be tested on my car. The kit should be an easy bolt on with no modifications. Not holding my breath, but they seem confident it's plug and play. Things can be changed as needed. Assuming all goes well can have extra kits made.

FWIW- Every time I REALLY drive the car, always feel like it would benefit from more rear bias and generally be more enjoyable. (If you've driven a 911 or R8, it's apparent how much the rear brakes matter). If my educated guess pays off, the other benefit should be alleviating some of the braking load off the front. And perhaps better straight line stability with reduced nose dive and pull. Which should lead to less loading and wear on the suspension. Better braking is always good of course.

Once installed will defer final judgement to my Formula / race guy. He does driver instruction at regional track events and races in the SCCA Spec Miata class. Those cars are a hoot and corner like crazy. He's also helped me sort out the finicky KW V3's. He just had a 458 Italia dropped off to fiddle with, among many other exotics and road race cars. I will refrain from name dropping for now.

Another potential benefit of the kit is the questionable long term supply of OE rear 335x22mm rotors. The car is past the Federal time limit for mandated parts supply (don't quote me as it's been years since I last checked). Either way we all know these rotors are unique to the car, and rather expensive. Last year my wholesaler was out of stock for about 9 months. I think more than a few had to buy OEM's from the dealer (or questionable "mods"). Another story for another day, but is a supporting factor with the BBK idea. Currently my car needs new rear rotors. Brake kit to the rescue. It's effectively a big discount NOT having to buy OE spec rotors again. Final nail in the coffin was always lamenting on the meager single piston slider caliper setup. Likely, a necessary evil for the parking brake. No more!

Overall it's very encouraging and a bit exciting to have a real option. Should have an update in the near future. Until then, this may be a hot topic but wanted to share it.