Thread: 6sp conversion kits, no affiliation, just on their mailing list.

6sp conversion kits, no affiliation, just on their mailing list.

2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

$1600 for ALL the parts needed? Isn't there some adapter flange that's like $2k (totally can't remember the price) that's the crux of the swap?
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Quote Originally Posted by kismetcapitan View Post
    $1600 for ALL the parts needed? Isn't there some adapter flange that's like $2k (totally can't remember the price) that's the crux of the swap?
    Yes. Steveken makes a nice kit. It requires a trans adapter, flywheel, trans mount bolts, starter adapter, and a new starter that has the correct nose on it.

So this is just for the transmission and a few extra parts, you still need to purchase the items Fastguy mentioned separately?
    03 RS6 Misano Red / Ebony - #905040 - In for the shit show

Quote Originally Posted by BoiseAudi View Post
    So this is just for the transmission and a few extra parts, you still need to purchase the items Fastguy mentioned separately?
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the link above is a kit for a B6 S4. I'm not positive any of it will swap over.

I'd recommend talking with Scotty @ AdvancedAutomotion or others have used audis4parts.com. Lots of threads on the subject of trans swapping.

http://advancedautomotion.com/shop/i...vunqq1c48bh2m4

http://audis4parts.com/audi-a6-tip-t...sion-swap-kit/

Source a TDI trans for those lower top gear cruise rpms. I get consistent 18-19 mpg in my mixed city/highway driving where I rarely ever NOT get into boost.

To answer your question, yes, save yourself a lot of trouble and get the SteveKen conversion kit (adapter plate, custom flywheel and starter) in addition to the trans swap kit. It can and has been done without but requires modifications to the block that I wasn't comfortable with.
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory