All,

I've had the DRC replaced with the upgraded version now for many years, and I always felt it wasn't working properly. The ride is particularly harsh (although, I am on Sportec 20" rims), the rear feels like it's bouncing around - especially when cornering or going over uneven surfaces (and, when I press on the rear bumper, it bounces several times before settling), and the rear rides high (I've posted photos of that, previously, which several have confirmed my comment). Yet, when I have taken it into the dealer, they have declared the DRC is working fine every time (and it's not riding high in the rear). And, importantly, no leaks (or at least, no tell-tale seepage where you would expect it to be). However, they've never tested it to verify that it's still pressurized. FYI, car has 71K on it.

I had my car in an Indy shop yesterday for an oil change and asked them to do a once-over. The tech noted that the suspension rides "like a truck" during the test drive. He again inspected the DRC for leaks, but dry as a bone. The Indy cannot do the pressure test, as they don't have the tool. His comment to me was that "something's wrong", but he can't find the problem. He said it felt to him like the rear shocks weren't pressurized, but that would be impossible, as they are cross-linked with the fronts. So, if the rears are empty, the fronts would be, too. And, of course, if the system de-pressurizes, the shocks are then trash given the damage to the internals. So, it may be that it's time to bite the bullet and go coilover (KW or Bilstein, I suppose).

Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts on what the problem might be, I'd be interested in hearing them.

Thanks,

CW