Thread: Rs6 downpipes gutted

Rs6 downpipes gutted

Well after lots of thinking I decided to just cut, gut, then weld back together as was mentioned on this forum and appreciate the tip which I'm glad I did cause it was wayyyyy easier to do versus try to pound them out which is very time consuming and also ensures that no pieces of the pre cat fall into 2nd cat. I only paid $250 to a custom exhaust shop for the job which was much better than spending $800 for a set. They turned out great and I'm looking forward to getting them put on and seeing how it feels and sounds.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DOWNPIPE GUTTING 2.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	18034   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	600 CELL 1.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	18033   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DOWNPIPE GUTTING.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	18035   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DOWNPIPE WELDED.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	146.6 KB 
ID:	18036   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	600 CELL 3.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	18037  

Nice. I brought my old s6 to an exhaust shop and when they saw I didn't have a cat on it they dropped it off the lift and told me to get it out of there and that they would not even work on the remainder of the exhaust.

Wow that sucks! Was your pre cat just removed or the second cat? When you look at mine you can't really see the downpipe and only the second cat.

The shop gutted the cat? If so, I'm really surprised. Most shops won't touch cats unless they are replacing them with factory parts. There are some pretty gnarly federal laws about that stuff! But hey, good for you if you found a shop willing to do it!

Yeah they were super helpful and did a nice clean job too! I was actually referred to them to do a custom exhaust for me so after talking to you guys on the forum I decided to ask them if they would be willing to do it and told me to just bring them so they could get a game plan as to the best way to do it, dropped them off yesterday and picked them back up today!