Thread: wheel spacers with b7 rs4 wheels

wheel spacers with b7 rs4 wheels

That didn't last long...I took my car off the listings for sale and now buying more stuff for it.

I'd like to space out the wheels a bit and figured I'd ask anyone who's already used or using rs4 wheels - I know I've seen a bunch of them mounted to the c5 rs6.

I am quite a bit lower than stock; the rear and front wheels are lowered just to the point where the tread is almost even with the fender. I've measured and it seems, in the rear, 25mm spacer would work nice but i don't want to go overboard and have the wheels sticking way out beyond the fender.

this was mine on B7 RS4 wheels with no spacers, 25mm spacers will push them way out of the fenders i reckon...i also had a AM suspension which was lower than stock.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	18007Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	18008
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Yeah. Mine is pretty much the same. Just trying to figure out the best spacers to get. And I think it will take different sizes from front to rear. Would be nice if someone has the same set up and could post a pic with spacers installed.

Quote Originally Posted by mik15 View Post
    this was mine on B7 RS4 wheels with no spacers, 25mm spacers will push them way out of the fenders i reckon...i also had a AM suspension which was lower than stock.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	18007Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	18008

So I measured tonight and it looks like about 13.5 mm will put the face of the wheel flush with the top of the fender. Think I should go 12.5 or 15?

I have my HRE's just cannot bring myself to use spacers. Am I delirious to not use spacers?
    03 RS6 Misano Red / Ebony - #905040 - In for the shit show

It really depends upon the width and offset but it looks so much better when it's just right. The rear end of the rs looks mean as hell (like how a widebody Porsche looks) when the wheels are pushed out s bit. The stock b7 rs6 wheels look good but I think they could sit out a bit more. It appears the face of the wheels sits in just about 1/2" or so from the top of the fenders. I'm thinking 15 in the rear and 10-12.5 in the front will be just right.

Daz was was really against spacers. He hated them. He would tell me, "buy the wheels to fit exactly as you want them, don't buy spacers to fake it". I broke down and got some h&r spacers on the c7 and they work great. They really make the car look better too. I didn't think it would, but 20mm can really change how a car looks. This got me thinking I might as well give it a try on the rs - especially with the beautifully-flared a55 end

I have some HRE Vintage 501's and I tried to put them on but the Calipers hit the wheel face so I would need atleast 20mm. Love the wheels and how they looked on my D3 S8 just dont want to force it.
    03 RS6 Misano Red / Ebony - #905040 - In for the shit show