Thread: Sportec ECU & TCU Tunes - Opinions?

Sportec ECU & TCU Tunes - Opinions?

I am talking with a fellow who is offering a Sportec-tuned ECU and TCU. Not yet sure what stage, but it wouldn't be 600bhp (requires new hardware). So, IIRC, Sportec offered a low (515) and mid (550) tune, also.

Any opinions on Sportec as a tuner? I know they were early in the game. And expensive. But, their products were pretty rare here in the States (in fact, AFAIK, the Sportec distributor went out of business). Before pulling any triggers, I'm curious to hear from anyone that might have any comments.

TIA,

CW
    Last edited by CornersWell; April 8th, 2017 at 18:47.

Your going to have to deal with matching the ECU to your car, security settings, and you'll have an extra ecu since they are one unit. TCU you can just swap in. Assuming he is selling these both as whole complete units.

I would get a tune from a known active tuner so that you have have it customized and get support if needed. Plus you won't pay for the extra hardware.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Yes, used ECU and TCU included (which, I kind of liked having spares that I could ship and not have the car down). ECU mobilizer has been disabled, so that's plug and play. ECU, though...

I was wondering it would be a problem, and it sounds like it could be. I'd think it's currently linked to my car's VIN. So, it would have a different VIN. And, while Sportec still exists in CH, it's not exactly right around the corner! I've asked a couple of questions of the seller, and maybe I'll hear back. But, is Sportec's reputation for software and tuning good or bad or ? The RS600 seemed to be legit.

But, it still sounds likes Marc (10SecS4) is THE go-to for RS6 tunes.

CW