I'm finally putty stuff back together on my engine, and I went to install the big coolant hard line at the back of the block, and the center o-ring is giving me grief! This is the one the slips into the aluminum pipe right between the turbo inlets. I'm using a new o-ring, and I lubed it with some silicone, but it refuses to go in all the way. I tried multiple times, and removed some of the nearby hoses to give me more room to work, but it keeps hanging up with about 3/8" left to go in. I know it should go deeper, because I tried installing without the o-ring, and it went in no problem. Part of the problem is that the line it's going into has some flexibility, so it just flexes when I push hard.

I've managed to destroy the o-ring, so I'll hit the dealership today to get a few more, but does anyone have any tips for how they got this installed?

I swear it's the stupid little things like this that are killing me. It's funny how some everyone seems to get hung up on different issues with these cars. There are several things that went smooth and easy for me, that other people struggled with, but then I get hung up on crap like this!

Gregg