Thread: Dyno results

Dyno results

Hopped on a dyno last week. This is with 92 clear gas. Opinions welcome.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0611.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	17981Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0637.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	17982
    Avus Silver: Viper ECU / MTM TCU / ACE TC / Rebuilt Trans/ PSS9 / AWE Uppers / Clear Corners / Carbon lip

Looks good! Any other mods besides the tune?

I assume they are measuring A/F at the exhaust pipe, correct? Those values look lean, but if they measure after the cats, they will show leaner than actual.

Where did you get this done? After I get my swap done, I want to get mine dyno'd too.

Thanks! This was done at PRE Racing out near airport way. Yeah they measure A/F at the exhaust pipe. I have a non-res se exhaust. The ecu is a stage 1 tune from Viper but I'm not sure if Richard from Viper is still operating these days.

What's the ideal A/F values for this car?
    Other than that, not many other mods to my engine. Just clean oem parts and new turbos.
    Avus Silver: Viper ECU / MTM TCU / ACE TC / Rebuilt Trans/ PSS9 / AWE Uppers / Clear Corners / Carbon lip

Top end shouldn't drop off like that, looks like too much fuel there.
    A bit hard to judge without detailed log, though.

Question, if it's too much fuel, could that be caused by a malfunction EGT, triggering the ECU to add fuel? I suppose with a tune that could be changed, but I'm curious about how the ECU typically will treat an EGT that's failing or failed. Otherwise looks good to me, nice to see some other people's results! I might need to bring mine by PRE once it's all sorted out too..

And for the record, my prior RS6 ran pretty rich with a Eurocharged tune. The AMD tune definitely dialed back the fuel a bit (and increased power from 3500-6000 RPM), I'm guessing Eurocharged and other tuners err on the rich side with the "out of the box" tunes? Anyone have any input?
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

Quote Originally Posted by P1054 View Post
    Question, if it's too much fuel, could that be caused by a malfunction EGT, triggering the ECU to add fuel? I suppose with a tune that could be changed, but I'm curious about how the ECU typically will treat an EGT that's failing or failed. Otherwise looks good to me, nice to see some other people's results! I might need to bring mine by PRE once it's all sorted out too..

And for the record, my prior RS6 ran pretty rich with a Eurocharged tune. The AMD tune definitely dialed back the fuel a bit (and increased power from 3500-6000 RPM), I'm guessing Eurocharged and other tuners err on the rich side with the "out of the box" tunes? Anyone have any input?
    Malfunctioning EGT usually does not manifest like that. I mean if it's already failed (and registered as such by the ECU) - it won't do anything. If it is on its way out - it can produce intermittent "very rich" conditions, but those would be random, not in the end of a pull like that.

Good to know, thanks.
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

Yeah, the torque falling off is interesting given that it looks like it's holding boost well to redline.

The rule-of-thumb we used in my Subaru days was that cats added a point A/F, so with that, you would be running about 11-1 at redline. That's actually not a bad number for a safe tune, but if the cats are having a bigger impact, then you're definitely running pretty rich.

Actually, looking at the A/F curve again, I'd bet it's reading more like 1.5 points high, otherwise you'd be pretty lean at lower RPM (like 12-1 at 3500 when the boost comes on).

And I think we need an RS6 Dyno Day in Portland soon!

A bit tough to read your afr printout I thought (nevermind, got it, 12.5/1 is ideal for boosted cars). You were on a dynojet looks like? Here's mine from while back for reference, Mustang dyno, they all read a bit different. New turbos, pump 91-92, but water methanol and tuned/logged many times to get the most power for my setup. I'm running custom fuel on top of my lean Revo tune, and dial in the w/m accordingly. The shop at Cobb was really good, for being a Subie place

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS6-dyno.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	17983
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Curious what ambient temp was that day? Hopefully the car was run for a minute or two (on the dyno with fans) before the pull. Heat soak is our enemy....

Knowing seat of the pants how fast your car is, the dyno may be on it's own terms. Even 5% adds up at these #'s. Torque looks great, surely the new turbo's help. Thing with turbo cars is how sensitive they are to cam timing. I'd expect the new t-belt would help torque, but with a corresponding "loss" at the top end. Some NA motors really wake up with a new t-belt (and a couple other tricks).
    Seems if a tune hits really hard with torque, it loses HP on the top end. This was the case with my Revo tune. After a "detune" the power band drastically smoothed out. Not as fast but nicer to drive.

Stock IC's likely play into lower HP. And possibly better TQ. I think they are marginal in terms of flow for a tuned car at WOT. The turbos will work harder also...

Here's my idea to QC and, perhaps, tie all this together. We (lswing) know that my car (pre-detune) would slightly pull ahead the couple times we had a go. Assuming that may still be the case, the tune was reset, I could run on the same PRE dyno for comparative #'s. Maybe I'll hold off on flushing the Revo tune out for awhile...possibly even change tunes while at PRE.

I know a shop here in Eugene that has an AWD dyno, but it's a newer/different brand. The GT500 I fiddled with a few years ago made 595hp at the wheels, but don't have any AWD comparisons.

Get a few of us together before it warms up?

It's not too rich

if anything it's too lean even with probe in tail

how many miles on the downpipes?

stock cats?

if higher miles and new turbos you may want to look at all the cats for potential restriction

need data log 3 31 115 in turbo mode 3rd gear pull to redline