Thread: Pinhole leak in Radiator

Pinhole leak in Radiator

Hey guys,

The RS6 was in the other day getting rotors n pads and Raxles installed. I had my guy take a look see for the location of the smell of the coolant which was leaking somewhere. He said it was a pinhole leak in the radiator.

So, what are you guys doing in regards to the radiators? Weldable? Bite the bullet and go straight OEM? Any other better/more reasonable options?

FYI, while this is getting fixed, any suggestions? Cam tensioner pads (have em), timing belt, plugs (have em), EGT's (have em), valve cover gaskets (have em).? Anything else?

I had mine repaired. New are pretty expensive iirc

I had mine replaced. Paid $2500 with labor, I'll take a look at my receipt. I used an OEM radiator. Was at the 10 year mark.

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Had mine cleaned inside and out by a radiator shop and they brazed the hole for $80. Labor by me.

Quote Originally Posted by UrS6 View Post
    Had mine cleaned inside and out by a radiator shop and they brazed the hole for $80. Labor by me.

What do you mean (cleaned inside)? Do they remove side plastic cover, if so do they change big o-ring or re-use old one. My is leaking at plastic connection (trying to found new o-ring).

Andriy

Chemical flush. Most good radiator shops can repair many issues including end cap issues.. I just had a pin hole from a metal strap that rubbed on the front: