Thread: Can an RS6 Avant accept 2 bicycles in the rear

Question Can an RS6 Avant accept 2 bicycles in the rear

Hi folks.
    I am debating a one or two rear old RS6 and need to be able to transport 2 bicycles quite a lot.
    If 2 bikes will NOT fit inside with seats down, is it possible to fit a removable tow bar to the car to accept a bike rack?

Generic mountain bikes will fit. Really big downhill ones or maybe even 29'ers - probably won't.

As an avid bike rider I would never, such a pain and too much chance of interior damage and oil/debris. Just get a hitch mount rack put on, super low profile.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Is the original poster from Europe (RS6 Avant)? I have carefully laid my mountain bike on it's side in the back of my C5 S6 Avant (with a mover's blanket) without detaching the wheels. With proper padding (another mover blanket?) I don't see why you couldn't lay another bike on top of it. I suppose it depends greatly on the value of the bike(s) and/or car. I also have a Yakima rack that attaches to the stock roof rails for times when I need more interior cargo space.
    '02 RS6 Avant conversion
    '03 S8 Avus
    '89 964

I have put a pair of high end road bikes in the back of my RS6 sedan with the rear seats folded down. Bikes fit fine. They fit the same inside my S6 Avant. Both conditions are lying down on their sides with a blanket in between for padding/protection. I have never had any reason to put them in standing up or upside down. Comes down to the size of frame you're riding (i.e. how tall you are), as an extra small frame will fit in the upright configuration, but a medium/large frame won't.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    I have put a pair of high end road bikes in the back of my RS6 sedan with the rear seats folded down. Bikes fit fine. They fit the same inside my S6 Avant. Both conditions are lying down on their sides with a blanket in between for padding/protection. I have never had any reason to put them in standing up or upside down. Comes down to the size of frame you're riding (i.e. how tall you are), as an extra small frame will fit in the upright configuration, but a medium/large frame won't.
    Not acceptable...I've stuffed too many bikes in the back of cars, RS6 doesn't have much more room than an Accord...those high end bikes may be lighter but are the same dimensions
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com