Thread: Symphony II head unit questions

Symphony II head unit questions

Had the car in for a major refresh and added one more thing to the list. Add a Komfort Blinker to the car. Long story short they "broke" my radio putting it back in. Sending it off to Panasonic for repairs. Got me to thinking of buying a spare just to have and to hold. Question. The part number I have is 4B0-035-195N. It has just a single CD. Does anyone know if the in dash 6 CD changer is a plug and play or would it require modification to the unit or wiring harness? Lastly was that unit the same through all the A6/A8/Allroads. Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Replaced mine with an RNS-E a few months ago. Same part number you listed. It's a 6 disc in-dash. Pay for shipping and it's yours.
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory

Thanks bethridg, Any pics without a big hassle?

Face plate is in decent condition. Quick search points to needing the unlock code if installed in a different vehicle than original. I'd have to dig around some more to figure that out.

http://www.ibiblio.org/tkan/audi/radios/symphony2.html

Let me know if you want it.

03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory

Thanks for the quick reply bethridg but I think I'm going to hunt for one in better shape. That soft touch stuff was a nice idea with a weak execution.