Thread: Non-crank issues

Non-crank issues

Hi guys,

The car has been sitting. Low battery, car tried to crank, and then it killed the battery before getting it to start. Solenoid did the ole click click click. Now I can't jump the car with a jump pack, nor car to car with jumper cables.

All three keys behave the same way. Power on to the car, non-crank, nothing, nada. VCDS didn't give up any clues via error codes. Just typical low voltage errors from the battery going down, and the ole MAF flow to high to measure, stuff typical of tuned RS6's. Anyone know the part number for the Starter Solenoid? Seems that may be the case as I am not getting any error codes from the ignition switch, etc.

As far as the immobilizer is concerned, all the keys work the same, put key in ignition, turn to accessory on power, the car/key immobilizer dash symbol appears as normal and turns off after a second or two while the key is turned. All normal so I don't think it's an immobilizer issue. Any suggestions? Ideas?

Immo will not prevent the car from starting, it will kill the engine split second after it had already started.
    So you can safely rule that out.

Did I understand correctly, that you tried jump-starting, but it didn't work?
    How does the voltage gauge in the dash behave when you have ignition on and jump it from another source?

Quote Originally Posted by nubcake View Post
    Immo will not prevent the car from starting, it will kill the engine split second after it had already started.
    So you can safely rule that out.

Did I understand correctly, that you tried jump-starting, but it didn't work?
    How does the voltage gauge in the dash behave when you have ignition on and jump it from another source?
    Honestly, I wasn't paying attention to the voltage gauge before connection and after connection of cables, as well as after turn of the key (I don't think I am going to observe any change upon the turn of the key to crank). I'll check and post observations.

I had the similar problem with my m3. Sitting in the garage for 3 month. My suggestion will be, keep battery charging overnight. If doesn't work, your battery might be dead, will need a new one. I don't think you have problem with solenoid, it usually clicks on low battery voltages.

I also tried to jump from my other car, didn't work for me either.

Andriy

Agreed with Andy, These cars are very finicky. Even with jumpers the connectors don't get enough power. You would think it would read a full 12v but it does not. Replace battery and she will fire right up. If your worried about that not being it, buy a battery from Costco. If it does not work return it.
    03 RS6 Misano Red / Ebony - #905040 - In for the shit show

Check the fuses under the cowl on right side (under the black plastic covers).
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

UPDATE: a brand new, fully charged ES2500 BoosterPac wouldn't do it. AAA came out with an ES5000 badass, car turned right over. Going to return the ES2500, exchange it for an ES5000 and grab a fresh battery while I'm at it.