Thread: Nice gadget

Nice gadget

Havent seen this one before..
    ive seen the fis control version (http://www.fis-control.de/) but this seems to be another version...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqHTWfvXSSA
    Mugello Blue C5 RS6 Avant Viper Tuning ECU/TCU
    MTM Bimoto wheels 9,5 x 19 ET 30 LK 5x112 with 275/30/19 tyres
    MTM exhaust system cat back 4-pipe with throttle valves in 2 pipes, control

Nice find, sweet looking insert!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Well that's awesome. Wish he shared some info about it, though.

Just search for Fis-Control using Google. The site was also posted on the OPs description.
    Seems interesting and thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by nene View Post
    Just search for Fis-Control using Google. The site was also posted on the OPs description.
    Seems interesting and thanks for sharing.
    That's a different style in his link, maybe...got the new one by chance?

Edit; my guess is the owner hacked in the B7 display into the old C5 cluster, you can see the detail of the different ones in this video.

http://www.turbozentrum.de/elektroni...-2000/a-43718/
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

That's mine. Wow, word spreads quick! I had considered ordering a bunch of these as I knew without a doubt they would spread like wildfire. Took me months to get it but worth every penny. One of the coolest mods I've done to the car.

sorry I didn't post earlier but I've been really busy and the rs has been hibernating for the winter. I've been slowly getting little things done (like send the cluster to Russia to get the display installed)

i think, however, I will soon have my cluster for sale with the new display but you'd need to buy the car with it I bought an s6 and I hate just having the rs sit in the garage only to be driven a few miles each weekend to keep everything lubricated and charged.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastguy View Post
    That's mine. Wow, word spreads quick! I had considered ordering a bunch of these as I knew without a doubt they would spread like wildfire. Took me months to get it but worth every penny. One of the coolest mods I've done to the car.

sorry I didn't post earlier but I've been really busy and the rs has been hibernating for the winter. I've been slowly getting little things done (like send the cluster to Russia to get the display installed)

i think, however, I will soon have my cluster for sale with the new display but you'd need to buy the car with it I bought an s6 and I hate just having the rs sit in the garage only to be driven a few miles each weekend to keep everything lubricated and charged.

So....which exact one are you using? This one seems to have the newer display tech than the standard one they offer for the C5?

Looks like fun, good luck with the car!

it's my understanding there are more electronics than just the display. they must solder a chip(s) inside to get this functionality. I literally just came inside from doing the last modifications so I can realize the full benefit of the tech soldered inside. I had to jump a couple pins behind the obd port so that the new cluster electronics will function like a vcds display (I'll have to do some more testing to find out what all this added, as I was already able to read codes and delete them). I also tapped pin 101 on the ecu harness to the grey connector number 32 on the back of the cluster so it will now read boost from the car map sensor. I haven't received a reply just yet but for the moment I can only read the boost in bar not psi. If there is a setting to change this I have not yet found it. I did, however, find the master setting for the cluster to display U.S. units overall but this did not affect the map/bar display. Also, they added a usb port to the back for future updates to the firmware

The place that did this can be found here: https://www.drive2.ru/l/7768032/

Another person helped me communicate and facilitate the interaction with them as I couldn't even understand the website after it was translated. I don't want to mention who it was because I'm not sure he'd want to do this for a bunch of people. He really went out of the way for me and I appreciate that. I'm sure he'll read this anyway I know they do offer instructions to do it yourself, but you should have good soldering equipment and be willing to toast an RS cluster (in other words I wouldn't do it myself unless I had a spare ready just in case). If I had good equipment and good instructions, I wouldn't hesitate to do it myself but I imagine it will be time consuming. It was best for me to just send it away and get it back, viola, plug it in and watch the magic happen.

I know it's just a display, but I can't say how much I like it. It's amazing. Beautiful fit, excellent display, tons of data and control, and it looks like it came that way stock. Audi could have done this way back when...or something very similar instead of that sad monochrome orange display. It's the way the car was meant to be. I love it.

yep, just tested it out and it did add functionality. Looks like I can now actively read measuring blocks from any module. Whereas before I think you did not have access to all the modules. Also, adding the wire from the ecu to the cluster to add boost reading works as well. Only thing is that it doesn't read negative pressure only positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastguy View Post
    Only thing is that it doesn't read negative pressure only positive.
    I believe that's because the sensor is located pre-TB, so it doesn't really see any vacuum.

Ah! Ok. Now that makes sense.

Fastguy, it sounds like you were able to just mail the cluster to them for the install? I am interested if your friend decides at all the help others communicate with them. I have 2 RS6 clusters I would do this on.

Quote Originally Posted by mbagge01 View Post
    Fastguy, it sounds like you were able to just mail the cluster to them for the install? I am interested if your friend decides at all the help others communicate with them. I have 2 RS6 clusters I would do this on.
    It was me who sorted all the local stuff to get it done. I'd be glad to offer that for everyone, but I'm afraid that customs service won't be happy about me receiving a bunch of clusters from US and then sending them back as "returns".

Basically the device is sold separately, and then it has to be installed into the cluster by someone who can solder SMD components.
    Here are the installation instructions: https://www.drive2.ru/o/b/459973818606178505/
    A lot of broken English there, but the general idea should be relatively clear.

As for devices themselves, the lead time is ~2 months. They come in batches (7th batch is currently in production, 8th will start in a ~couple of weeks). They want ~$200 upfront payment.
    Here you can see the status: https://www.drive2.ru/o/b/462034853152424107/
    Here's the contact info: https://www.drive2.ru/o/MultiMFA (PM on drive2 itself works the best).

And just to make it clear - I'm not affiliated to these guys in any way, but I'll be glad to help out with communication.
    Last edited by nubcake; February 20th, 2017 at 15:35. Reason: added contact info

Thanks for all the information nubcake, much appreciated!

To pick up where the ColorMFA interest left off in a different thread, I wanted to add that in addition to the referral and $1k quote I received to AutoSpeed in NJ, the turnaround time they quoted is one week from receipt of the cluster for the installation.

You can also contact ClustersbyLitke on facebook. He did my cluster and provides good service. You have to get on his request list by requesting via DM and he will put you on a list. He will ask for payment when the production run opens up and he gets allocation of ColorMFAs. I think it was $350 for the ColorMFA and ~$280 for the install. It was a quick turn around I think once he had my cluster he did the work in 1 day and shipped it out.
    03 RS6 Avus Silver, Ebony Interior, 133K Mi, Yellow Koni's, Hotchkis Sway Bars, 0A3 6MT, Blake Beadle Custom Tune, Vin 905641

Quote Originally Posted by 415RS6 View Post
    You can also contact ClustersbyLitke on facebook. He did my cluster and provides good service. You have to get on his request list by requesting via DM and he will put you on a list. He will ask for payment when the production run opens up and he gets allocation of ColorMFAs. I think it was $350 for the ColorMFA and ~$280 for the install. It was a quick turn around I think once he had my cluster he did the work in 1 day and shipped it out.
    Great info, thanks! Matt immediately got back to me, and he provides a solid description of the whole process. Pricing is currently $240 to hold a spot for the hardware (+$10 if outside the U.S.), then $250 for the install, includes return shipping. All-in at $490 handily beats the other pricing I found. Lead time right now is 6+ months (add time for COVID uncertainty), but the turnaround sounds quick once you pull and ship your cluster.

Current 2020 preorder is open until May 29 (by directly contacting him), then he'll post to FB on June 1 and it's open until he has 100 orders or until June 12.
    Last edited by AudiPilot; May 18th, 2020 at 18:14.

Can confirm that ClusterbyLitke is the way to go. I recently did the ColorMFA upgrade with Litke in my C5 2.7 A6 and it came out great for about $500 all in!