Thread: Opinion on my Audi RS6

Opinion on my Audi RS6

I welcome opinions on this. I am looking at seriously selling my RS6. I really do not drive it, like ever. Just enough to maintain it, keep the battery, tires, etc happy.
    It has a long list of upgrades I will list all I can recall:
    KWV3 suspension
    Forgestar wheels in titanium to match the Avis Silver paint
    Alpine upgraded stereo system with no issues
    Intake system upgrades with stainless/KW cone filters
    ECU and TCU upgrades from MTM
    Carbon fiber interior pieces
    54k miles
    APR Dv's
    Milltek Exhaust system
    Downpipes are from So Ca Co. as the torque curve is much better than Milltek
    Only serviced with correct 505.01 oil
    Wagner intercoolers
    Est 580HP and 600 Tq
    Any questions please ask. Any thoughts please let me know. I really should ask what price I should look at.
    Car runs extremely well, it just seems dopey to have a under 4 sec 0-60 in my small area.
    Thanks in advance,
    Aaron
    Last edited by formula1man; January 24th, 2017 at 19:14. Reason: adding more info

Sounds like a nice example for sure. Here's my feedback, and opinion, so take it as you will. There are a handful of things here that are red flags to me. Also price is highly dependent on condition of interior/ext...pristine maybe $20-25k, ok maybe $15-20k.

Intake system upgrades with stainless/KW cone filters - Almost always shown to inhibit performance.
    Carbon fiber interior pieces - Factory option, not really upgrade, common.
    Downpipes are from So Ca Co. as the torque curve is much better than Milltek - Marketing jargon, sure maybe a bit, but so minimal it's really not needed.
    Est 580HP and 600 Tq - From your mod list I estimate 525/525 max, nowhere near 580/600.
    under 4 sec 0-60 - Ha, under 4.5 second you mean

Like I said, looks great, but as an owner and seeing dyno/track numbers on here the last 5 years things just seem a bit inflated. And you forgot about the transmission getting ready to implode with all that extra power...just kidding, sort of...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

At the end of the day, your number will be high because of the miles. 20k?
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

25 to 27k depending on cosmetic condition

Does this pass smog certification in California? We've had all kinds of issues with aftermarket upgrades and tunes getting cleared. And has been referenced, original transmission? Last 4 of VIN? Pics would also help!
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

The closer to stock you can get it prior to sale is going to be better for resale and better for you. The mods you can sell here or on the audizine classifieds. As-is I'd reckon somewhere in the low-to-mid $20k range
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

I appreciate all of the help. As I stated with the upgrades, and all of the very carefully selected to go together, it is pulling much higher than 525 hp and torque. 568 with the MTM stage 3 and upgrades alone. There is another RS6 in the area that was pulling 600 with a good dyno and mine is as fast, (though he has the 390mm brakes). Anyway, I appreciate all of the help and the thoughts with the amount I should be looking for. I will know by the end of the month if she goes up for sale. Oh yeah, there is no Engine signal as per the smog issue. I will have to take it to the shop to see what she reads.

Can you provide more detail on the downpipes you mentioned above?

I am in the market for low mile well cared of example. Plz contact me if you selling it. I leave in sonoma, fairly close to you.