Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tozo Is The Transmission Guru

Hybrid View

Tozo Is The Transmission Guru

If anyone ever needs any transmission work done on their RS6, I highly recommend going to see Tozo in Schaumburg, IL.

He was able to rebuild my trans in a weekend. Dropped it off on Friday and got it back on Sunday.

Can't say enough about how awesome Tozo is to work with and the quality of his workmanship.

In Schaumburg or Rolling Meadows?

Andriy

To me coming from the north (WI), Schaumburg and Rolling Meadows is the same place.

I thought he moved .

yes, he is the master......tried to get him to do a world tour fixing all the transmissions.......

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

So did he have a core when you got there (i.e. you left him your core, so it will be quicker for him when he does the next guy too)?
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

Nope, didn't leave a core. He took out my trans and rebuilt it in a weekend. His wife said she didn't see him all weekend while I was down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifters View Post
    Nope, didn't leave a core. He took out my trans and rebuilt it in a weekend. His wife said she didn't see him all weekend while I was down there.
    You should send her a little something then ; ) and Gabor is The Man indeed ! we miss seeing him at SFest in CT...he used to come down every year for a while but he's busier these days.
    2016 Porsche GT4- 918 buckets- Track Toy
    2014 Porche Cayenne S- Sport Chrono-Sport exhaust- 2015 E63 S AMG- Ténorise Gray-Black Nappa-

Hi, I would like to know what were the symptoms of trans failure ? Was the clutches (Bank/band 2) or valve body or Torque converter ?

Quote Originally Posted by JW77 View Post
    Hi, I would like to know what were the symptoms of trans failure ? Was the clutches (Bank/band 2) or valve body or Torque converter ?
    Search and read, can be many things...slipping and clunking is failure. Use "site:rs6.com trans failure symptoms" in Google search.

You'll get a code for the TC, usually no code for the trans fail.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

You can and must scan routinely for the TC codes. You monitor for lockup vs failure to lockup. The TC fault will not through a CEL until it happens many times.....and then it may be too late.

Mike
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

I have a good rebuildable core in NH if somebody wants if for rebuild. The car drove fine but had a clunk in downshift to first and upon acceleration you had to let off from 1-2 to let it catch.

Oh is that where he is? I was just in Schaumburg/Rolling Meadows a few months back.
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

I just had some problems with mine. It had been doing fine- smooth shifting & no clunking. I was going up my driveway & started having slipping. It started slipping between first & second- not as much if I manually shifted. Not bad, worse if I was accelerating harder. It seems worse going forward on a uphill slope. My mechanic looked at it after a week or so & said only thing he saw was it was a half quart low on fluid-no codes & TC had been replaced ~ 50,000 mi. ago. After adding fluid it only slips a little on very hard acceleration- otherwise it shifts perfectly. I'm not going to put the money in it to repair or replace the trans, so I guess I just need to not accelerate hard- I will probably just run it til it dies,put it in the basement, get something else.

It pisses me off that this started about 2 weeks after having the timing belt service, valve gaskets, starter, & small cooling fan done. I wouldn't have done any of the routine maint items if I had thought the trans was possibly going out. Add that to the EGT code that just came up & the need for control arm job- its got to go when the trans quits(:
    2003 RS6 - Avus Silver Pearl - Ebony Interior - Warm Weather Package - Carbon Fiber - ACE TC - SE Exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by jtmdmd1 View Post
    I just had some problems with mine. It had been doing fine- smooth shifting & no clunking. I was going up my driveway & started having slipping. It started slipping between first & second- not as much if I manually shifted. Not bad, worse if I was accelerating harder. It seems worse going forward on a uphill slope. My mechanic looked at it after a week or so & said only thing he saw was it was a half quart low on fluid-no codes & TC had been replaced ~ 50,000 mi. ago. After adding fluid it only slips a little on very hard acceleration- otherwise it shifts perfectly. I'm not going to put the money in it to repair or replace the trans, so I guess I just need to not accelerate hard- I will probably just run it til it dies,put it in the basement, get something else.

It pisses me off that this started about 2 weeks after having the timing belt service, valve gaskets, starter, & small cooling fan done. I wouldn't have done any of the routine maint items if I had thought the trans was possibly going out. Add that to the EGT code that just came up & the need for control arm job- its got to go when the trans quits(:
    sorry to read this......that stinks...

Mike

For those is WA, I took my RS to Addict Motorsports in Woodinville for several things including transmission. They rebuilt it, upgrade the torque converter, and soldered in an MTM TCU chip I hadn't put in yet. They did great work, and the MTM TCU chip tune is great. I'll update my prior post about the massive oil leak and the other work I had done at Addict. Cheers.
    Topcat_92

Quote Originally Posted by topcat_92 View Post
    For those is WA, I took my RS to Addict Motorsports in Woodinville for several things including transmission. They rebuilt it, upgrade the torque converter, and soldered in an MTM TCU chip I hadn't put in yet. They did great work, and the MTM TCU chip tune is great. I'll update my prior post about the massive oil leak and the other work I had done at Addict. Cheers.
    Thanks for that, i will get a hold of them, i am afraid that mine will get to that soon with the transmission. I just started to get the occasional clunk on downshift (happened 3 times that i remember in the last few month), usually at low speed, no issues with up shifts... yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rah View Post
    Thanks for that, i will get a hold of them, i am afraid that mine will get to that soon with the transmission. I just started to get the occasional clunk on downshift (happened 3 times that i remember in the last few month), usually at low speed, no issues with up shifts... yet.
    yikes!

Mike