Thread: Sat radio q

Sat radio q

Is there a sat radio puck antenna under the shark fin? I have an aftermarket radio in car with pucks all over the place installed by PO. If there's one under the fin I'd prefer to use it. If there is one where does the cable terminate? In the driver's side trunk near the nav drive?

yes the antennae is present in the Shark Fin. The connector is a very specific one and adapters are available. I don't have the links handy. People who have upgraded to Nav systems have used that antenna. For the Nav sat antennae some place one in the dash which apparently works very well, you have to access the GALA wire and that is where it is too, involves removing the speedometer panel. Others have used the Nav antenna in the shark fin, just need to use the correct adapter.

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Yeah, when I bought my car, it didn't have a Satellite radio module. I bought one on Ebay and installed it in minutes. It goes in the trunk, on the drivers side, behind that cover. All the wiring and antenna are there, just plug and play.