Thread: Moving, car shipping recommendations?

Moving, car shipping recommendations?

Looks like I'm moving back to the Left Coast. My old shipping company burned me, damaged cars, and is now bankrupt, ha! That was DAS.

Now, looking into new companies. Going to try and ship two vehicles, covered, together, if cost isn't too crazy.

Any favorites to help keep my beast in pristine shape? Thanks all! Montway Auto is looking good from my searching...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    That was DAS.
    I had a very similar experience with those morons.

However, I very recently used this broker who was very straightforward and helpful (but not necessarily the cheapest). I'd definitely use him again. http://eshiptransport.com/

edit: I originally signed up with Montway who quoted me a reasonable price but it turned out the job they posted on the main shipping board was WAY under what they quoted me - basically trying to milk extra profit by lowballing the rate they'd pay a driver and thus greatly delaying the time it would take to get my car. Anyway, I didn't appreciate their tactics so I went with EShip and couldn't be happier.

I used Montway twice, I would say each time I wondered if something was done by them but it was just a nagging feeling and I think the nicks weren't done by them but it prevents me from really recommending them.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

Thank you good sirs...

Yes, leaning towards Ship a Car Direct also, out of Colorado. Quote was a bit more, but really just want it done clean.

Can't believe I used DAS in the past, they stiffed me on $1,500 damage done last time.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Anybody else, Bueller, Bueller?

Good luck this time. Welcome back to the left coast

i self transport. :-)

nice tow truck!
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

We always go on vacation with a RS6.

I just keep the miles off them. The Mtn bikes are in the basement of the RV. Never leave home without those!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    nice tow truck!

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    i transport. :-)
    Sounds good, I'll pay you $4k for two vehicles, see you next month...

What is the second vehicle you are shipping????
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Mercury Auto Transport - 954-239-1780 - Juan Carlos - ext. 23.

Very straightforward guy, easy to deal with, great pricing and service.

Quote Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T View Post
    Mercury Auto Transport - 954-239-1780 - Juan Carlos - ext. 23.

Very straightforward guy, easy to deal with, great pricing and service.
    Thanks for the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    What is the second vehicle you are shipping????
    Daily driver GLK 350. I really like it for a little suv, runs strong, gets the job done. Took the rs6 out for a spin this afternoon, dry roads up here, crazy right, so much boost!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5872.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	138.2 KB 
ID:	17850

Name:	IMG_5871.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	145.9 KB 
ID:	17849

Can you Trailer the RS6 with the GLK?

Try Bruce M on Qworld. he does a lot of transporting of the cars he buys at auction

I have used 247 automovers twice. Once for my X5 from CA to TX (2012) and for my RS6 (2015) from IL to TX. both experiences were hassle and incident free.

800-247-2478
    247auto@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by mrdave View Post
    edit: I originally signed up with Montway who quoted me a reasonable price but it turned out the job they posted on the main shipping board was WAY under what they quoted me - basically trying to milk extra profit by lowballing the rate they'd pay a driver and thus greatly delaying the time it would take to get my car. Anyway, I didn't appreciate their tactics so I went with EShip and couldn't be happier.
    Update on Montway. I got my credit card statement yesterday and they f-ing charged me for a service they didn't perform and for which I got written confirmation where they acknowledged my cancellation. What is it with 99% of these shipping companies? It's like they *try* to see who can be the worst. /rant

I use this guy, charged me $5.00 and took very good care of my car.

He works out of Chicago.

Mike

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-01-28 at 12.52.12 PM.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	17852