Thread: Oil and coolant line adjustment for 01E swap

Oil and coolant line adjustment for 01E swap

For those of you that have done the swap using the kit from SteveKen, how did you "adjust" the coolant and oil hard lines that run on top of the starter? There is not much room for the oil line once the exhaust manifold is installed, so did you move it up above the starter solenoid, or down low along side of the solenoid? There mounting tabs for the lines right there as well, what did you do with those?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6190.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	17776
    http://imgur.com/a/7FbWL

I've seen it posted a few times, hope someone chimes in. Here's a related(?) starter issue. http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/32...no-start-issue
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I added a very gentle bend to the oil line just enough to clear the top of the starter solenoid but still secure to the coolant line using the original tab.

03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory

Quote Originally Posted by bethridg View Post
    I added a very gentle bend to the oil line just enough to clear the top of the starter solenoid but still secure to the coolant line using the original tab.

^^^
    This.

The lines are malleable enough to move/massage them free from any obstructions.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Be extra careful when installing the exhaust manifold and turbo - so you don't pinch the oil feed between the turbo and engine block...

Was there any need to "adjust" the coolant line as well, or can it stay in the stock location?

Very carefully! Ask me how I know!

As mentioned above, its very easy to pinch it and thereby ground it out when you reconnect the battery.
    03 RS6 Daytona Grey - EFI Express - 01e - SRM K24 - Aquamist - 495whp/580ft-lbs