Thread: PRNDL Delete After Manual Swap

PRNDL Delete After Manual Swap

Has anyone who has done a manual swap found an easy way to delete the PRNDL lights. I have not asked my tuner yet, thought I would check with the group first.

Quote Originally Posted by essexmetal View Post
    Has anyone who has done a manual swap found an easy way to delete the PRNDL lights. I have not asked my tuner yet, thought I would check with the group first.
    The is a coding revision for the ECU/TCU yes. Many have done this. You should have the Depress pedal (or whatever it is) notice and also an indication of there being 6 gears now. I would like to think that most if not all tuners that are in the know on how to modify the code for these cars are well aware of what needs to be undertaken to address the modification necessary for the swap.

PS I'm pretty sure it's a PRNDS...
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Unplug the TCU. ECU will revert back to manual trans mode showing Press Clutch Pedal To Start Engine on the gauge cluster display.
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory

There you have it. That's even easier than I thought.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by bethridg View Post
    Unplug the TCU. ECU will revert back to manual trans mode showing Press Clutch Pedal To Start Engine on the gauge cluster display.
    That did not work for mine. Actually originally it did but after I got it tuned (after clutch and new turbos were broken in) the PRNDS and "press brake pedal" warning came back. I was able to get rid of it again using soft coding in VAGCOM. I don't recall the exact options to change but I do know it wasn't too difficult to find.
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

In VAG-COM, open up the module for the instrument cluster.

Go to the adaptation codes and look st channel 60. Change it from 1027 to 1025 then save this.

Restart and clear any codes.

Depending on your tune and what ABS controller you are using, you will have to recode this, too.

I assume that you've already recoded the ECU.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide