Thread: Added another one to the fleet.... ;)

Added another one to the fleet.... ;)

Alright guys...

As I attempt to clean out my garage (since I am purchasing a condo and also have way too many projects going on) --- and, actually finally sell one of my six cars this past Friday (2005 A4); I spent some quality time in the restroom ---- browsing the lovely craigslist pages of my local town ---- and two hours later I have this sitting in my drive way:

2001 S8 with 90k miles fully loaded with all service records including the original window sticker and some nice options including the solar sunroof, all window shades, front and rear heated (Recaro) seats, front and rear parking sensors, factory GPS (which now is quite worthless) --- but still.

The barge joins my fleet of the following:
    1. 2003 RS6 - currently apart (almost back together --- since February and getting all kinds of work done on it)
    2. 2016 Jetta - daily
    3. 2004 Cayenne S - family hauler
    4. 2012 Fiat 500 - when I feel invincible and want to zoom around town in Washington DC.
    5. 1987 Porsche 951 - project being finished up and soon posted for sale
    6. 1979 911 SC - project currently in full complete restoration/engine build, etc. stage.

In any sense....

As a particular owner I plan on doing the following to refresh the S8. Although all service records are present since day 1 --- I did not see anything in regards to a timing belt service so, that is #1 on the list. From there I'd like to find out what else you guys would recommend as "while in there" items. My RS6 is currently going through a turbo replacement and a full timing belt change out to include all rollers, water pump, etc. also doing chain guides, and some other items. So - with that said --- what else would you guys recommend.

Additionally - I plan on doing new shocks and hopefully lowering springs (also open to recommendations) and a full control arm kit.

Look forward to some feedback on my impulsive buy!

Best,
    Paul

Obviously a great choice given your circumstances...always liked the blocky body style, stands out!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

*cough* six-speed *cough* kidding

Looks good. D2 S8's have been on my radar for a while. Just haven't found one that checked all the boxes. Considering picking up a pre-facelift D3 A8/L after the new year to run around in if I decide to do any more to the RS. Got the project bug again.
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory

Quote Originally Posted by sempaipaul View Post
    6. 1979 911 SC - project currently in full complete restoration/engine build, etc. stage.
    Curious about the above - where are you located? See my sig, have same thoughts
    GBNF: Mugello, silver, carbon, RNS-E, H&R coilovers, Hotchkiss
    '14 GL550
    '79 911SC Targa

Cam Chain Tensioners.

Add DRC make it really cool.

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

this one's obvious - after getting all maintenance up to date...wet nitrous. 8 injectors (if they'll fit into each cylinder's intake runner).

Because RONIN.
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

I usually come home with another RS6!! Lol

that car is awesome and love the color. What is the color?

dont go too low

lose the wheels

ohlong grey?
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

seriously....nitrous system.
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo