Thread: FS: 2015 S4 with 12,000 miles in Sepang Blue needs engine work.

FS: 2015 S4 with 12,000 miles in Sepang Blue needs engine work.

I got this in a trade deal with a dealer and I'm seeing if there is any interest before I fix it over the winter. The story is that the car ran over something that hit the oil pan hard enough to cause a slow leak but not enough to cause an immediate loss of oil so the driver didn't park it right then. But overnight the oil had leaked out of the pan and the engine was started like that. Don't know how long it ran with no oil or why it wasn't shut off immediately, but it has engine noise now. The oil pan was replaced and it runs and drives. I've driven it a couple of miles but at the risk of causing more damage, I wouldn't advise driving it much more. The car is a Prestige model that stickered for over $60K. NADA has it over $47K when done. I would be looking for $36K. Worse case, a used engine is around $6,000. A new shortblock $2K. I'm thinking maybe just bearings but that's just speculation until I take it apart. There is plenty of time as I don't plan on pulling the engine before Thanksgiving and that leaves me time to find a parts car at the salvage auction as a backup plan.

Prestige model with 7 speed DSG automatic
    19 inch wheels
    Audi side assist
    Bang & Olufsen sound
    Back up camera
    Parking sensors

36k for a toasted engine s4?

Engine not toasted, still runs and drives but makes noise. Might be repairable without dropping in a used engine. If you were to just take it to a shop or Audi dealer to fix, then probably not worth it. This is ideal if you ARE a shop or can build engines. Where can you find a one year old S4 Prestige with 12,000 miles in a desirable color for much under $45K? What do you want to pay?

I am assuming it has no title issues? $30K ?

No title issues. On the original South Carolina title: https://app.box.com/s/0wv3xzf3cvgadbzec3no0sjveukmc8qi Come up a few thousand.