Thread: Random fault codes...

Random fault codes...

Well after many months and some hard driving recently, I had a few expected, and some new fun codes pop up with a CEL. Feedback appreciated, thanks as always. I'll search around myself for answers.

This was fixed last year, loose hose I believe.
    2 Faults Found:
    17831 - Secondary Air Injection System; Bank 1
    P1423 - 002 - Insufficient Flow - MIL ON
    17819 - Secondary Air Injection System; Bank 2
    P1411 - 002 - Insufficient Flow

Been showing up for a while, sensor/wiring failing I guess.

2 Faults Found:
    16523 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S2
    P0139 - 001 - Response too Slow - Intermittent
    17584 - Bank1: O2 (Lambda) Correction Behind Catalyst
    P1176 - 001 - Control Limit Reached - MIL ON

ABS module, what brings up this fun one? New to me...wheel speed sensor?
    Address 03: ABS Brakes Labels: 4B0-614-517.lbl
    Part No: 4B0 614 517 AD
    Component: ESP 5.7 RS 6 2310
    Coding: 06697
    Shop #: WSC 00001
    VCID: 63CBACC9F162BD2620-513C

1 Fault Found:
    01119 - Gear Recognition Signal
    35-10 - - - Intermittent
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

The Wheel Speed Sensor can be a loose bolt on the mount that holds the wire for the brake pad sensor and the wheel speed Sensor. Will put the car in limp mode and could explain that one. I had that same kind of problem after a CV boot replacement. The bolt for the mounting bracket was left out and since the wire was jumping around it sent erroneous data about that wheels speed to the ECU.

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Gear recognition - also check for DTCs within TCU. Could be you disconnected the selector electrically at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by nubcake View Post
    Gear recognition - also check for DTCs within TCU. Could be you disconnected the selector electrically at some point?
    Could be it, although I've had the off and on intermittent DTC, G93 Temp Sensor for the Trans, show up before without triggering the 01119 - Gear Recognition Signal.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    The Wheel Speed Sensor can be a loose bolt on the mount that holds the wire for the brake pad sensor and the wheel speed Sensor. Will put the car in limp mode and could explain that one. I had that same kind of problem after a CV boot replacement. The bolt for the mounting bracket was left out and since the wire was jumping around it sent erroneous data about that wheels speed to the ECU.

Mike
    No limp mode...yet! It's these damn bumpy roads up here shaking my car apart. Maybe it's a sign, but there's now a black M2 parked across the street each day at work...I heard they're nice.

Yes, the M2 is very nice. Still my RS makes me smile more.

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Could be it, although I've had the off and on intermittent DTC, G93 Temp Sensor for the Trans, show up before without triggering the 01119 - Gear Recognition Signal.
    My bad. Just went to clear the CEL. Only DTC on the list was the O2 post-catalyst.