Thread: Need recommendation

Need recommendation

My engine oil and transmission oil lines very rusty. Need to replace them, but is there any other solution besides OEM.
    Thanks

Andriy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-09-07 18.47.53.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	17624
    Here is my problem
    Any ideas?

Andriy

You can clean those up reasonably well with a Dremel and some paint. If that doesn't appeal to you, locate a local shop that specializes in the fabrication of hydraulic lines/fittings, and get them to make you a new set. Fraction of the cost that Audi Stealerships charge you.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I thought somebody already improvised. I will try something and share the results.
    Those lines are so rusty, they almost split, no way paint will fix them.

Andriy

Forgot to say, depending on the fitting, and depending on how much stretch you have in your hose, you might be able to trim the bad ends off and put on racing hose ends. Worse case, purchase new SS hose and add new ends. You can do this at home and doesn't require the presses that are used at hydraulic hose shops. I would still think the hose shop is quicker and cheaper.

https://www.summitracing.com/int/par...0687/overview/
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down