Thread: Another RS6 in a salvage auction

Another RS6 in a salvage auction

https://www.iaai.com/vehicles/vehicl...21&rownumber=1

Low miles and certainly repairable.

I've taken the front of this car apart close to a dozen times in various capacities, and it's difficult to believe threre is $14K in damage based upon the photos and that the car starts, runs, and all airbags are in tact. Wish I was closer to places like this. Well, maybe my wallet doesn't.... ack
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    I've taken the front of this car apart close to a dozen times in various capacities, and it's difficult to believe threre is $14K in damage based upon the photos and that the car starts, runs, and all airbags are in tact. Wish I was closer to places like this. Well, maybe my wallet doesn't.... ack
    From how the pictures look, I don't see more than 7-8k worth of repairs/replacements including the lower door molding and a new bumper skin. Maybe the engine cradle is compromised?

Makes it seem like the easiest route to getting a fair value out of the RS6 I'm trying to sell would be to let one of the local dumbshit drivers hit me instead of taking evasive maneuvers like I have to do about every other day... but just my luck it'd be someone without insurance and I'd get dinged for having to use un/under-insured motorist coverage instead.

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
    but just my luck it'd be someone without insurance
    Just wonderful how VA drivers aren't required to have insurance.

Lots of nice parts to be had!!!
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,