Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Not as fast as I thought

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Now you're just being silly^^^....
    Silly is comparing a modified engine's output to a stock engine.

Modded RS7 4.0TTs put out about 700 hp, or still 150-200 hp more than a modded 4.2TT.

Also, the stock 2014 RS7 (first year offered in the US) was rated at 560 hp, not 513 hp:

http://www.edmunds.com/audi/rs-7/201...b-id=specs-tab

Enough...you all need to go right now and order an S8 Plus or an RS7 Performance and dump the old cars.
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Quote Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T View Post
    Silly is comparing a modified engine's output to a stock engine.

Modded RS7 4.0TTs put out about 700 hp, or still 150-200 hp more than a modded 4.2TT.

Also, the stock 2014 RS7 (first year offered in the US) was rated at 560 hp, not 513 hp:

http://www.edmunds.com/audi/rs-7/201...b-id=specs-tab
    I should have clarified, my point being a light-medium modded RS6 can hang close to a stock RS7...13 years old, amazing really.

The trans is really the only big $$$ weak point. Other than that seems standard repairs for a performance car. You just need to be able to do the work, have a friendly mech, or you'll pay $$$ for sure.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Its not the fastest car around but still fairly quick even for a 14 year old one,not many exspekt it to that fast for a Family car,mine is a avant and a big surprise

for most on the road,there are no signs on it so only a few that know the type will spot it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-07-11 18.46.43.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	17580 Nice and clean

Did you ever get the 5.0 V10 in the US

...The trans is really the only big $$$ weak point. Other than that seems standard repairs for a performance car. You just need to be able to do the work, have a friendly mech, or you'll pay $$$ for sure.
    Now this we can agree on, as long as we leave DRC repairs out of the equation...��

Quote Originally Posted by HPO-DK View Post
    ...for most on the road,there are no signs on it so only a few that know the type will spot it.

Did you ever get the 5.0 V10 in the US
    Truth.

Nice Avant, BTW! Sadly, never got the C5 RS 6 Avant or the C6 RS6 of any kind in the US...��

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    I got ya bud. Good luck with your ride.....gonna need it.

I don't resort to name calling or attacking other owners and their perceived financial standing in the world. But clearly, you have such a temper.

Ass umptions are just that.

Many of us are indeed very busy and don't have time to rehash old topics over and over again. You could search as these items have been covered.
    I meant to say "vocal minority" to distinguish the you from the majority of seemingly well-intentioned posters on here whose contributions I appreciate. Humility is the ultimate wisdom.

I post on various internet forums and have never had a fallout with a fellow member. I don't have a temper per se but do lack tolerance for internet bullies who motive hunt of a motiveless malignity and then cry victim like an exposed grandiose narcissist. So spare me the "dude", "bud" or whatever other joe-familiar terms of quasi-endearment you condescendingly include in your flippant remarks while attacking my car, my suitability as an owner and even my character -- three things of which you purport expertise but know very little.

Now we could try this again, but you know what they say about first impressions.

DIXI

Now you're just being silly^^^...

Many modded cars are in the ballpark or above at 515hp/550tq similar to mine. A new stock 2013 RS7 is 516hp/560tq.

All numbers variable of course, but amazingly close for 13 years...and some mods

Now the RS7 has an amazing trans among other things, so it better be faster.

Paper, you should log some data, might give insight on any issues, boost leak maybe. Anyhow, most of the time these are amazing machines. My brother drives an E60 M5, he was pissed that I was faster to 100 with all my torque. The V10 M5 pulled like mad after that though.

Edit; RS7 probably puts down better percent to the wheels with its new drivetrain.
    I will definitely find someone to check for boost leaks. That's a good suggestion and would makes sense to the extent it's something I wouldn't be able to easily discern. I also thought about replacing the diverter/blow off valve as I once heard the sound of geese upon hard acceleration. I recall hearing that sound in an old Dinan 750iL Twin Turbo of mine (it scared me to death) and once I replace the bosch blow off valve the car pulled stronger than ever. I would ask for a how to tutorial, but I'll search the forum first. Thanks.

P.S. -- Shifting issues aside, that E60 M5 is a beast. I really wanted to like that car -- I mean really, and just never could. I had an 88 M5 and and E34. My E32 750TT was my last BMW. It did an honest 0-60 in 4.3 with a top end of 192. Think electric supercar...high speed torque converter, like no turbo lag...all you heard were the intercoolers. Sounded like Darth Vader.

Quote Originally Posted by paperchase View Post

. . . heard the sound of geese upon hard acceleration. . .
    I've never heard this on any of my RS6's so this might be your problem, but I can't speculate on waht the issue might be.

I've had a hose pop off of the diverter valve and had boost hoses leak too and don't recall ever hearing geese.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKen View Post
    I've never heard this on any of my RS6's so this might be your problem, but I can't speculate on waht the issue might be.

I've had a hose pop off of the diverter valveS and had boost hoses leak too and don't recall ever hearing geese.
    This^^^ and well documented
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Sounds like an APR goose chase...
    210K miles rolled

Now this forum is finally starting to feel like the rest of the worthless kids slinging mud escapades that I'm used to, and which have mostly died an accelerated death and migrated to that great gov't data collecting and surveillance scheme known as facebook. Funny how even the best intentioned people can quickly sink to their lowest common denominator.

I can say - as a several yr. owner and owner of many other "fast" cars - anyone who bought, buys or might by a C5 RS6 thinking it is a remarkably fast OR reliable car is buying the wrong car (actually mine hasn't been unreliable except normal expected rubber/plastic parts wear like vacuum hoses, cam tensioner pads AND the DRC which had been warranty replaced AND the trans/TC imploding on schedule... small detail). If you aren't a real "car person" you will have very little use or appreciation for one of these. That said, I love mine and appreciate it for what it is, was and will be.... a unique, low production, reasonably fast luxury sedan that you better love and maintain and tolerate or sooner or later you will dump and/or hate it. Personally I've never messed with mine power-wise, bc I knew what it was and what it wasn't and it is documented as noteworthy and historically as the dead sea scrolls that the trans were junk as a mate for the engine. And sure enough, no power upgrades needed, mine failed anyway about 95k mi.s but I knew that was a probability.

I will also say that once I went and test drove one for sale, long after I had mine, and the seller seemingly honestly thought nothing was amiss with it, but it didn't drive like my bone stock one... at all. I don't know if it was boost leak or what and I didn't bother to investigate but I can very unscientifically and numberlessly say it was a total yawn inspiring dog.

I will also say I've driven a friend's RS7 a good bit and just feel, and feel alone, I think speed and acceleration wise it seems just slightly above C5 RS6 but that the smoothness and refinement of the trans etc. almost make the RS7 less exciting and inspiring. I love the trans and interior of the RS7 and the overall ride, but honestly open the hood and it looks like most current powerplants, a bunch of plastic molded faux junk engineered to be a 10 years tops lifed asset... I know blame gov't CAFE standards for need for light cheap plastic but I don't care, I'd rather pay the guzzler tax or whatever. In that regard - and I know a lot of people could give a shit less - that RS7 will never be what a handbuilt C5 RS6 engine is. Audi RSs used to be a real rarity, I thought I had heard or read only one model once every four years historically?? Obviously no more. RSs are certainly rarer than Ms and AMGs but they're a commodity staple now across most of the line-up. Are they still even all built by Quattro GmBH? Flay me or calling myself a "car person" and not knowing.

C5 RS6 Fast? Tuned or not?? Ehhh... maybe, all relative. Cool to real car people? For sure. You don't like it.... get rid of it. You want super fast or car... get something else. And you don't need new car to be super fast. I'll put my 9 year old (and they have much older) simply tuned w/ OEM viscous full on auto trans SL65 up against pretty much any car mentioned in this thread, any place 1/4 mi., autobahn I don't care except a real road course and I'll smoke it with my top down and a/c on full blast. I didn't buy my RS6 for that (I didn't really buy that SL65 for that either but it just comes with the territory), I bought it to be a unique handbuilt icon with very respectable performance past or present, and it never disappoints me.... even with blown trans and my replacement sitting next to it in my shop for the past 5 months.... that's all on me.

Quote Originally Posted by CBeau View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	micdrop.gif 
Views:	101 
Size:	228.7 KB 
ID:	17585

Well said
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

P.S. -- Shifting issues aside, that E60 M5 is a beast. I really wanted to like that car -- I mean really, and just never could. I had an 88 M5 and and E34. My E32 750TT was my last BMW. It did an honest 0-60 in 4.3 with a top end of 192. Think electric supercar...high speed torque converter, like no turbo lag...all you heard were the intercoolers. Sounded like Darth Vader.
    We added the $10k ESS SUPERCHARGER kit and water meth, estimated 650hp at that point, wheels kept slipping on the dyno. At that point it BLEW the doors off my RS6, assuming it was bone dry out. Yes, that trans is a clunky mess!

http://esstuning.com/s85-vt2-650-supercharger-system/

Good luck sorting the RS6 tune, sucks it wasn't a clean flash. First I've heard of Eurocharged having that issue.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post

Well said
    Agreed except for the part where he says the RS7 is just slightly above the C5 RS6 speed and acceleration wise. I would say that a car that traps at least 10 mph faster stock to stock is much faster than "slightly above".
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory