Thread: Questions about certain convenience features

Questions about certain convenience features

Hello all,

So this year my RS6 decided to learn some new tricks that it never showed me before; the steering column suddenly started retracting when I turn the car off, and just yesterday the passenger mirror lowered when I put it in reverse. However it only did it yesterday; today it's not doing it again. Is there a secret trick to turning these features on and off?

Also, is there a feature to lock the car and have the windows roll up automatically? And lastly, has anyone done the komfort blinker retrofit and which kit did you use/where would I get it?

OK, lastly lastly, is it even remotely possible to retrofit rain-sensing wipers? This is a feature on newer cars that I absolutely love since I get so anal-retentive about my wiper speed. Would be awesome to have this!
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

The mirror thing can be "activated" by leaving your mirror adjusting lever pointing to the right mirror.
    Rolling windows up is achieved by pressing and holding the "lock" button on your remote. It will even close the sunroof for you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-07-17 18.37.55.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	17556
    Use this button to turn on and off steering retraction.

What they said but usually the system isn't coded for rolling up the windows and must be done through Vagcom. Komfort blinkers have been done by a few, I think Kufatec has a module for it. Rain sensing wipers, probably yes if money isn't a factor but really the answer is no.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

The wipers aren't what senses.... It's the windshield that senses and they are EXPENSIVE.....

The windows and sunroof CAN be coded via VAGCOM to close upon activation of alarm via remote. The setting is the same one that is activated when you use your key on the drivers door to lock everything via central locking system. I think I have the instruction on what to modify in the code.

The passenger mirror tilts down to assist with seeing a curb during backing up. It's a feature that is only useful if your mirrors are positioned to see the side of your car (old skool). If you position your mirrors outwards to eliminate blind spots this feature won't help you at all.
    Last edited by Bigglezworth; July 18th, 2016 at 06:25.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I did the comfort blinker on mine Ist just a module behind the hasard button,fond it on ebay.de

Komfort blinker is only an additional module between the steering wheel turn signal stock and the blinkers...

Let me see if I can find it...

EDIT: Here are the part numbers and instructions. -> link to RS6
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Awesome! This is all very helpful! Thanks everyone. I dunno why I never thought to try the mirror thing on the RS6; my 911 does the same thing the same way. Never noticed the button behind the steering column switch. Komfort blinker is my next upgrade; can't stand not having it after having it on every other car for several years.
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Anyone know how to use vag com to code out the always on or DRL feature of my fog lights?

Also can Vag com be used to change the digital temp readout on the dual climate control from celsius to fahrenheit? TIA
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

https://youtu.be/3U-g-0r44Og
    You don't need VAGC cable for climate unit, watch video

Quote Originally Posted by nistah View Post
    Anyone know how to use vag com to code out the always on or DRL feature of my fog lights?

Also can Vag com be used to change the digital temp readout on the dual climate control from celsius to fahrenheit? TIA
    You have a CDN issue car which has the long time DRL standard. It's not controled via VAG that I'm aware of. It's part of headlight switch on dash. The switch from metric world units to US imperial units can be toggled in VAG yes.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRS6 View Post
    https://youtu.be/3U-g-0r44Og
    You don't need VAGC cable for climate unit, watch video

Bless you sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar. Worked perfectly and I've been trying to figure this out for 3 years!!
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

Bless you sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar. Worked perfectly and I've been trying to figure this out for 3 years!!
    Glad it worked.

I don't know if that's what you looking for, but check this.

Go to Instrument Cluster Module with VAGC

In there you will have code xx3xx: Country
    Change the 3 to a 2 and you should disabled DRL

??xxx: Options
    +01 = Larger Fuel Tank (80 liters for 8-Cylinder Quattro and S6)
    +02 = Seatbelt Warning active
    +04 = Tires for Allroad (MY 2002+)
    +16 = Navigation System (w/o CAN Connection)
    xx?xx: Country
    0 = Germany
    1 = Rest of World (Left Hand Drive)
    2 = USA
    3 = Canada
    4 = Great Britain

I don't know if that's what you looking for, but check this for DRL

Go to Instrument Cluster Module with VAGC

In there you will have code xx3xx: Country
    Change the 3 to a 2 and you should disabled DRL

??xxx: Options
    +01 = Larger Fuel Tank (80 liters for 8-Cylinder Quattro and S6)
    +02 = Seatbelt Warning active
    +04 = Tires for Allroad (MY 2002+)
    +16 = Navigation System (w/o CAN Connection)
    xx?xx: Country
    0 = Germany
    1 = Rest of World (Left Hand Drive)
    2 = USA
    3 = Canada
    4 = Great Britain