Thread: Reducing DRC ride height / wheel gap

Reducing DRC ride height / wheel gap

Hello all:

I'm looking to get some information on the steps needed to reduce the ride height / wheel gap of my functioning post-recall DRC system. Of what I gather from comments made both here and over at RS246, a solution to the problem can be obtained simply by loosing the rear control arms and bouncing the back of the car, following which the rear will settle to a more uniform height, front and back.

Curious to learn who here has successfully reduced their car's rear height by following this procedure?
    Last edited by shadyraven; July 2nd, 2016 at 01:15.

Pics of "where are you now" would probably help. Also, how low are you willing to go.
    I'd say that the "proper" lowering would be getting H&R springs. They are ~250 bucks on amazon and are well worth that price.

I tried for years.

Junk

KWV3 and be done with it

Agree, KWV3s are a good option, just looking to see if there's any hope by loosing the suspension. The concept as described in other posts makes sense, i.e.) tech didn't load the suspension when tightening everything down.

Quote Originally Posted by nubcake View Post
    Pics of "where are you now" would probably help. Also, how low are you willing to go.
    I'd say that the "proper" lowering would be getting H&R springs. They are ~250 bucks on amazon and are well worth that price.
    No pictures handy, but the rear is a full 1 inch higher than the front. Looks silly.

Quote Originally Posted by shadyraven View Post
    No pictures handy, but the rear is a full 1 inch higher than the front. Looks silly.
    Well, then loosening the stuff and properly re-tightening on the 4-post might help.
    Stock suspension is supposed to be level all around.

It won't help

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    It won't help
    Agreed. I did everything I could think of and had researched to try to get the rear back down to stock ride height. Nothing worked, and then the front struts went bad. I was in grad school at the time living off saving so I went with the cheaper Koni/H&R setup, but if I were to do it now, I'd slap in fully adjustable coilovers. 1" drop in the rear looks great, but 1.4" up front is way too much....at MOST it ought to be 1.2"...and I wonder why H&R just didn't do 1" front and rear. You know, to be symmetrical in lowering the car.....
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Quote Originally Posted by kismetcapitan View Post
    Agreed. I did everything I could think of and had researched to try to get the rear back down to stock ride height. Nothing worked, and then the front struts went bad. I was in grad school at the time living off saving so I went with the cheaper Koni/H&R setup, but if I were to do it now, I'd slap in fully adjustable coilovers. 1" drop in the rear looks great, but 1.4" up front is way too much....at MOST it ought to be 1.2"...and I wonder why H&R just didn't do 1" front and rear. You know, to be symmetrical in lowering the car.....
    Following a search, I've come across some of your old posts on this subject. Until now, it wasn't clear what your efforts led to, but others in the same threads (or other threads) claim to have had success, i.e.) car placed on lift/raised, rear suspension links loosened, full weight of car applied, bounced and everything tightened back up. According to some, this procedure left the suspension even, front and rear.

As I said

tried for years. Fail

if you don't want to spend the cash.....go the H&R coilovers at 1100.

Add Hotchkis and your golden.

Quote Originally Posted by shadyraven View Post
    Following a search, I've come across some of your old posts on this subject. Until now, it wasn't clear what your efforts led to, but others in the same threads (or other threads) claim to have had success, i.e.) car placed on lift/raised, rear suspension links loosened, full weight of car applied, bounced and everything tightened back up. According to some, this procedure left the suspension even, front and rear.