Thread: Sun Roof Acting up

Sun Roof Acting up

So I posted earlier about the rattle - have not resolved this yet. The other issue is that apparently the glass panel has gotten off track on the sliding mechanism. I was able to correct this, however, now when turning the switch to full close the panel slides forward but just before actual final close it retracts back again - as though maybe a limit switch or the switch itself is acting up. I am able to close the roof via the key fob and very gingerly pressing the lock button until the glass slides into "almost" full closed position. Ideas ??

TIA -

I am having similar issues along with rattle. Did you resolve this?
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Our windows and sunroof have pinch protection. So when the draw on the motor reaches a threshold limit, it reverses. Did you clean the tracks? It doesn't take much friction to cause it to reverse.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

As for the rattle, it is most likely one of the 4 guides that the sunroof cover slides on. Not fun to fix if it's the rears.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Thanks will look into it
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

I did clean the tracks and this alleviated the "reversing" of the roof. There was much debris in the tracks. As for the rattle of the metal deflector piece, I need to replace the 2 clips one for each side that attaches/secures the deflector to its attachment points that then slide along the track system , The p/n is 8T8-877-695 (need 2 ea) they are like $50 ea.

My sunroof cover is now freely sliding all the way into the rear now...may have unclipped the retainer

Quote Originally Posted by cruzanrs6 View Post
    The p/n is 8T8-877-695 (need 2 ea) they are like $50 ea.
    Holy! Did they come with a compliementary tube of Vasoline??
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down