Thread: Where can I find trunk pin switch/sensor

Where can I find trunk pin switch/sensor

So, my trunk latch broke, and I unwisely drove around with it not working for a while. Every time I would hit a bump, the trunk lid would open up slightly, and then crash back down, which then ended up breaking some other parts.

I've got everything all fixed now, but the dash is still telling me that my trunk is open. I looked at the two pin switches (pictured) and one of them is broken--it no longer springs to the "open" position. I assume that these are what sends the signal to the dash that the trunk isn't closed, so all I need to do is to replace the broken one. They just screw out, so it would seem to be a very simple job.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160613_200006.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	17511

Only problem is that I can't find this part anywhere. I've searched eBay and Amazon using the terms that seem obvious to me (audi trunk pin, audi trunk switch, audi trunk sensor) and I get absolutely no related search results. So, anybody know what these are called, or maybe have a part number or know where I can get one?

Well, I found them. People are calling them "bump stop adjusters".

That then makes me wonder if these are actually the source of my open trunk warning on my dashboard. Anybody know where the sensor for that is located?

found it

Okay, so the sensor for the trunk is actually in the latch itself. When I installed the new one, the wires got oh so slightly pinched in the hole in the trunk lid, and that was apparently enough to make the sensor fail. The insulation didn't even get pierced, but just the pressure was enough.

How much was it? My trunk won't open from remote or door sill button. Maybe this is also my problem

Quote Originally Posted by rs6BC View Post
    How much was it? My trunk won't open from remote or door sill button. Maybe this is also my problem
    When you hit the remote or door sill button, do you hear it trying to actuate, or nothing at all? If you hear it trying to actuate, it's probably just the plastic POS actuator assembly that Audi put in from the factory. If you hear nothing, it could be the actuator motor, or the latch assembly with sensor, in which case you should scan with vagcom and there's probably a code to tell you what's let out the magic smoke.

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)