Thread: The move to Seattle

The move to Seattle

Finding that not having a shop for me to work on Thing 1,2, and 3 is a bummer. Coolant pipe on Thing 1 in Seattle is going and it's either sell the beast or fix her. Wife and I have looked at several options....I think she has the NRA mentality about her RS "from her cold dead hands"....so...Stones Garage in Seattle? Seems to be Audi qualified....respectable....anyone have any input?

There is no replacement for this car under 60k....is there?

Redmond European, haven't used them but I've heard good things about them. AMD of course if you can get a hold of Jason would probably be the first choice. If you've got a Facebook account this might be the best way to get a hold of him if no answer.
    https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...sport%20design
    Last edited by hahnmgh63; June 11th, 2016 at 10:24.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

you can get a 2013 s6 for under 40k all day.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

PM me. I can help.

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    you can get a 2013 s6 for under 40k all day.
    Found 2 of these unicorns....well over 50k miles...couldn't drive one today, but didn't like the last one.

Looked today at a BMW 550 Xi.....gross.....Audi SQ5...no thanks, my kids are grown....2012 Cayenne Turbo....the only one that didn't make my wife throw up too much until she saw the interior.... but $67k ?

Looks like ST coils, Bufkin pipe, SAI and EGT work for the beast....

30k mi, $45k
    42k mi, $41.7k

both on autotrader
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

And a 36k mi for $39.9k

Saw a bunch under 50k....only 2 under 40k....my favorite was one in FL for $45k with 22k miles....Blue over silver...

Still, it doesn't look like the beast....body is an A6....like every other dweeb...

Redmond European did my TC and Tozo transmission install. Great Shop!

Quote Originally Posted by 905084 View Post
    Still, it doesn't look like the beast....body is an A6....like every other dweeb...
    Yep, Audi has certainly lost their styling touch. Not sure if the A4 looks like the RS7, or other way around. I'll stick with the round old beast, stout car she is.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Looked at a few more cars today....they all suck or I don't want to spend the $$.......I'll keep my beasts....it still has the best styling and still gets the looks....maybe in 5 or ten years I'll look for something else...

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Yep, Audi has certainly lost their styling touch. Not sure if the A4 looks like the RS7, or other way around. I'll stick with the round old beast, stout car she is.

Looked at a few more cars today....they all suck or I don't want to spend the $$.......I'll keep my beasts....it still has the best styling and still gets the looks....maybe in 5 or ten years I'll look for something else...

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post

For what I just paid for a 550i msport w16k miles....I have no problem running it around. chump change

I still have 2 RS6s for special days. 3 and 4 are now gone. Snif snif

Don't worry, I'll take care of #4

Oh yea, hi everyone...
    Sold mine! Why o why....
    # 904624

Finding that not having a shop for me to work on Thing 1,2, and 3 is a bummer. Coolant pipe on Thing 1 in Seattle is going and it's either sell the beast or fix her. Wife and I have looked at several options....I think she has the NRA mentality about her RS "from her cold dead hands"....so...Stones Garage in Seattle? Seems to be Audi qualified....respectable....anyone have any input?

There is no replacement for this car under 60k....is there?
    Depends on your location in the greater Seattle area:
    1. If you choose to reside INSIDE the Seattle city limits = prepare for the insanity of hippie liberalism prius-loving bicycle-impeding sanctuary-city priority-AFU of over timid freeway drivers and ZERO places to get into boost -> FACT and frustration
    2. If you choose to reside OUTSIDE the Seattle city limits = marginally more places to get into boost and less hippies, still timid drivers around but less. Boost = happiness.

back on topic;
    Barrier in Bellevue with @canyon for the RS6 hookup
    Audi Seattle seemed to have decent shop rate ( timing belt for RS6 905355 was $1600 with some parts provided).
    Stones Garage?!?!? whats that?
    Last edited by ben916; June 21st, 2016 at 18:47. Reason: words
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Stones German Garage....five stars, I'd add a 6th if I could...Shane was great...he fixed the problems that the trans guy effe'd up....broken turbo bolt ant a bent waste gate linkage....40 more hp.....2 egt's one O2 sensor....turbo coolant crush washer.....ST Coilovers.....4 k in the last week, but it's less than the tax on anything I would have bought here.

On the city side, yes, right downtown pretty much. Told the wife she should get a Prius....she told me "over my dead body". 0-40 still fun in the city....and freeway driving is limited to 10 a.m.to 2 p.m. Haven't touched triple digits yet here....probably a good thing for me.

On the city side, yes, right downtown pretty much. Told the wife she should get a Prius....she told me "over my dead body". 0-40 still fun in the city....and freeway driving is limited to 10 a.m.to 2 p.m. Haven't touched triple digits yet here....probably a good thing for me.
    Good to hear you are up on the PNW!

WSP is less than forgiving for anything over speed limit +2mph.
    It is insane.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared