Thread: Rear control arm bushing

Rear control arm bushing

Has anyone replaced them? Trying to track down a squeak in the passenger rear that appeared after I swapped in the Koni's. They looked worn when I had everything apart. So since I'm about to tear it down again to re-adjust rebound I thought I'd look into it.

I've got part numbers for all but the lower inner rear bushing (#2 in pic). Any ideas?

#3 lower inner front 4B0511523
    #2 lower inner rear
    #8 upper inner 4B0505185
    #11 knuckle upper/lower 8E0505172A
    rear tie rod 4Z7501530

Last edited by bethridg; June 1st, 2016 at 23:49.
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory

Just curious on what Koni's did you install ? I had to remove the upper link #7 in order to place the coil compressors on the spring and depress the coil enough to remove the strut from the car what a PIA. I'm using the Koni FSD's still waiting for Koni to ship me the rear lower perch plates.

Quote Originally Posted by cruzanrs6 View Post
    Just curious on what Koni's did you install ? I had to remove the upper link #7 in order to place the coil compressors on the spring and depress the coil enough to remove the strut from the car what a PIA. I'm using the Koni FSD's still waiting for Koni to ship me the rear lower perch plates.
    Koni Yellows; documented here http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/23...-Yellow-Sports

I loosened everything except the bearing knuckle, removed bolts around #7/#8 and the rear tie rod (not shown) to gain enough access. Compressed the spring on the workbench. Agreed it was a PITA.
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory