Thread: Radiator leak advice

Radiator leak advice

So I've had a small leak, where coolant line connects, shop says the metal radiator has a small crack there at the connection point, radiator itself has the crack. Leak is gone now that it's warm out. Question, should I just ask them to JB weld the crack now that it's dried up? Any worry about the radiator internals getting old or maybe I should just consider replacing it? Sucks it's a $700 part, only available from Audi I believe.

Seems easy enough to seal up the crack and call it good for a few more years.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

That's a great question. If the crack is very easily seen then perhaps something more than JB weld, like a real weld? My radiator was leaking form the fins and it was not something that could be easily fixed, so I replaced mine. Do NOT put anything to "seal it" in the coolant. That is the best way to plug up the heater core in the dash. LOL...

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Yea, was just talking this over with Dave...

Last edited by lswing; May 6th, 2016 at 16:11.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com