Thread: Thought during rebuild

Thought during rebuild

So I'm thinking to myself as I'm putting all these hoses and pipes back together on the engine, why did gmbh supply water to the side of one head in the valley, and cap the other side. Also, I am probably going to have to make a cap, as I don't know where mine is.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Read they supplied water to the exhaust side only. Assume it would be the same on each side? Page 12 on the overview manual.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Take a look at page 22. See the coolant line going into the inside front of the passenger side cylinder head? That's the intake side. the other head has an identical port that is closed off with a plate. My question is: why cool the passenger side more than the driver side?
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Does it have to do with the oil cooler being on that side? It's been a while since I looked at my engine out of the car, but in that diagram that's the only other difference on the passenger side.
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

That makes a lot of sense, thank you. Got both new gaskets and getting everything put back on, little bit every day.